| NEWS You may remember Marcel Brooks from this video telling Alabama recruits to go to LSU.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
If he does come to Bama, He will have to work his tail off just to approve himself!

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Bama Club
Reaction score
Word is he was looking at less PT and was homesick. Probably end up at TCU.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
If you think that's crazy, imagine all these coaches recruiting the hell out of players for months, then leaving before the bowl game... Let alone when the kid actually makes it to campus!

Not hating, just the world we live in now a days! Loyalty is hard to come by (on both sides)

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
His players were Saban's recruits, and the game has changed a lot since 2007.

Pelini's defenses have been run roughshod over for nearly a decade now. He is inflexible in his approach, and his version of pattern matching was figured out and exploited to some hilariously bad blowouts each year.

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Where? Pelini gave up 70 points to Wisconsin and their 3rd string QB because he can't adjust to stop the run. He got worked at Youngstown by Indiana St, which was a program that couldn't win a game for seasons not long ago.

I am not referring to how his DBs play the ball in the air, I am talking structurally how he devotes his 2nd and 3rd level to the pass first, which has caused him to get run over by any team with a QB who can run the zone read, and any team mixing in Jet motion so that all the adjustments he makes his players check to get exploited. This is hardly new info.

Sure, he'll have better players at LSU than Nebraska. But he's no Aranda, and LSU doesn't have near the depth of talent on D they had the last couple of years.

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I also very much dislike Pelini from a personal perspective (I think he's a bad person), so that makes me more passionate about pointing out his coaching deficiencies.

I think this was the easy, familiar hire for Orgeron. Les was the one who went outside the box in moving on from Chavis and grabbing Aranda after only a short stint at Wisconsin (and Utah St before that). IMO, Aranda is as good as it gets defensively (Venables is co #1 in terms of innovative schemes in the new offensive age of college football).

Top Bottom