| OT You certainly need to be athletic and at least a little in shape for this: A vacation recommendation in North Carolina that's almost "extreme sports.

TerryP

Ivory Club
The US National White Water Center- Charlotte, NC.

The attraction that interest me the most isn't one of the more extreme events but more of a learning while getting a little exercise venues.

Take a guided tour through the treetops and along the Catawba River via ziplines, rope bridges, and platforms. Canopy Tours begin at a designated time; reserve a time slot either online or through Guest Services. These tours accommodate small groups of 2 – 8 people. Allow 3 – 4 hours for completion.

For a day it runs 60 bucks, a two day all-access pass costs $110. A few of these are extra (not covered by all-access passes.)

• Whitewater Rafting
  • Ziplines
  • Flatwater Kayaking & SUP
  • Deep Water Solo
  • Climbing
  • Ropes
  • Jumps
  • Whitewater Kayaking & SUP
  • Mountain Biking
+Ice Skating
+Canopy Tour

1605702440563.png

1605702495444.png

1605702555204.png

1605702622829.png

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
All that’s available around here.... for a little...
Whitewater rafting...Ocoee River ( class 4/5s)...Hiwassee River ( class 3/4s)
All kind of mountain biking ( free ) on forest trails
Many zip lines in Ocoee gorge
Etc

TerryP

Ivory Club
All that’s available around here.... for a little...
Whitewater rafting...Ocoee River ( class 4/5s)...Hiwassee River ( class 3/4s)
All kind of mountain biking ( free ) on forest trails
Many zip lines in Ocoee gorge
Etc
That's about like saying, "Yes, we have cake" only to open the pantry and point to a bag of flour, sugar, and the rest of the ingredients. TN has these things, sure. We're not talking about the same scene.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reminds me more of, you can tour the world or you can go to Epcot...

The video was well done...nice amusement park ( TN has one named after Dolly, I think).... rhe million acreas of wild Tennessee ( cherokee forest and greatsmokies NP) offers wild and much untamed experiences....my kinda thing ( the Forester in me)
Amusements parks are fun for families...just not my thing...others need that kind of entertainment ( Epcot/ Amusement park type)...

Rolltide24

Century Club
Been there many a time. Fun rafting. The US team trained there some years back after it opened. Have some great zip lines. I’ve only done that and the rafting. Hard to imagine your like 15 minutes from downtown Charlotte. Place was built nicely amid a lot of wailing and complaining from the locals. Many of whom have probably enjoyed it a few times.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Been there many a time. Fun rafting. The US team trained there some years back after it opened. Have some great zip lines. I’ve only done that and the rafting. Hard to imagine your like 15 minutes from downtown Charlotte. Place was built nicely amid a lot of wailing and complaining from the locals. Many of whom have probably enjoyed it a few times.
...i bet....thats a big metro area .... glad there isnt hugh population center around here...draws enough people..... as it is....

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reminds me more of, you can tour the world or you can go to Epcot...
That's probably not a bad analogy considering the options for lodging, dining, etc. I was there for a 50th wedding anniversary and we were in the conference center area much of the time until we decided to go exploring around.

I'm definitely heading back, no doubt. SUP, kayaking, as well as hiking and a lot of the other stuff I a into consistently. All in one for a few days...thats a few of us guys having some fun (in spite of how torn up we'll be.)

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Broke a rib white water rafting in Ocoee River. Also went down the rapids again the next day. That Was 30 years ago. That was the last time. We camped out in tents. Was a fantastic trip. The water turned all your clothes a copper color. LOL