| OT You certainly need to be athletic and at least a little in shape for this: A vacation recommendation in North Carolina that's almost "extreme sports.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
The US National White Water Center- Charlotte, NC.

The attraction that interest me the most isn't one of the more extreme events but more of a learning while getting a little exercise venues.

Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
For a day it runs 60 bucks, a two day all-access pass costs $110. A few of these are extra (not covered by all-access passes.)

• Whitewater Rafting
  • Ziplines
  • Flatwater Kayaking & SUP
  • Deep Water Solo
  • Climbing
  • Ropes
  • Jumps
  • Whitewater Kayaking & SUP
  • Mountain Biking
+Ice Skating
+Canopy Tour

1605702440563.png

1605702495444.png

1605702555204.png

1605702622829.png

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
All that’s available around here.... for a little...
Whitewater rafting...Ocoee River ( class 4/5s)...Hiwassee River ( class 3/4s)
All kind of mountain biking ( free ) on forest trails
Many zip lines in Ocoee gorge
Etc

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
That's about like saying, "Yes, we have cake" only to open the pantry and point to a bag of flour, sugar, and the rest of the ingredients. TN has these things, sure. We're not talking about the same scene.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
The video was well done...nice amusement park ( TN has one named after Dolly, I think).... rhe million acreas of wild Tennessee ( cherokee forest and greatsmokies NP) offers wild and much untamed experiences....my kinda thing ( the Forester in me)
Amusements parks are fun for families...just not my thing...others need that kind of entertainment ( Epcot/ Amusement park type)...

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Been there many a time. Fun rafting. The US team trained there some years back after it opened. Have some great zip lines. I’ve only done that and the rafting. Hard to imagine your like 15 minutes from downtown Charlotte. Place was built nicely amid a lot of wailing and complaining from the locals. Many of whom have probably enjoyed it a few times.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
That's probably not a bad analogy considering the options for lodging, dining, etc. I was there for a 50th wedding anniversary and we were in the conference center area much of the time until we decided to go exploring around.

I'm definitely heading back, no doubt. SUP, kayaking, as well as hiking and a lot of the other stuff I a into consistently. All in one for a few days...thats a few of us guys having some fun (in spite of how torn up we'll be.)

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Broke a rib white water rafting in Ocoee River. Also went down the rapids again the next day. That Was 30 years ago. That was the last time. We camped out in tents. Was a fantastic trip. The water turned all your clothes a copper color. LOL

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Went down the Occee as a kid several times. Don't recall dirty water, but that was 30+ years ago.

BAMAneck

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Living in Lee County Alabama , I Have camped and canoed the Flint river several times and actually went over Yellowjacket falls there and the past few years have been going camping on war woman creek in north Georgia and canoeing the Chattooga river in the bull sluice area....

Top Bottom