| MBB/WBB Y'all see Juwan Howard losing his đź’© in the Maryland game last night?

TerryP

Ivory Club
Guess I am alone in wanting to see Howard pop Turgeon in the mouth 🤷‍♂️
That was a stupid move on Howard's part. Literally, there's nothing to be gained there in terms of the game and it's doesn't do anything but make a lot of people question who he is as a person. He's got a good reputation among his peers right now.

All that said, stay your ass on the side of the court you're supposed to be on and don't get upset when another coach tells you to do so. The last thing he should be upset with is being told that.

It's a tell that he didn't really get "bowed up" until he had someone holding him back. It's my opinion saying "I was raised in Chicago" in an attempt to justify a violent outburst? That's certainly a side of Chicago that is known for temperance. :rolleyes:

planomateo

Scholarship Club
That was a stupid move on Howard's part. Literally, there's nothing to be gained there in terms of the game and it's doesn't do anything but make a lot of people question who he is as a person. He's got a good reputation among his peers right now.

All that said, stay your ass on the side of the court you're supposed to be on and don't get upset when another coach tells you to do so. The last thing he should be upset with is being told that.

It's a tell that he didn't really get "bowed up" until he had someone holding him back. It's my opinion saying "I was raised in Chicago" in an attempt to justify a violent outburst? That's certainly a side of Chicago that is known for temperance. :rolleyes:

He ain't a tough guy. He knows it.

Coaches should never need to be held back like this. It's not an admirable coaching trait in my opinion.

He probably fired his team up though for a run through the tournament.

I wouldn't have minded seeing him get thumped.

TerryP

Ivory Club
He ain't a tough guy. He knows it.

Coaches should never need to be held back like this. It's not an admirable coaching trait in my opinion.

He probably fired his team up though for a run through the tournament.

I wouldn't have minded seeing him get thumped.

Howard, we're discussing.
Ewing, "this is my house" when asked for his ID/pass.
Stackhouse, "this is Trump and his supporters fault" when asked about Vandy's poor season.

ALL of this happened within the last month.

About two years ago I looked over former NBA guys who were now coaching college basketball. I think most people would be surprised at how poorly they've done. They don't handle the spotlight well (see Dabo at Bama.)

In fact, Avery Johnson has one of the better college coaching records. And, for what it's worth, when I looked over this two years ago there were only two guys I'd describe as doing a good job: Bobby Hurly and Dan Majerle

planomateo

Scholarship Club
Never understood blurting out where you are from as an intimidation tool, same as "I'm 40, I'm a man".... like to hear Bruce/Katelyn Jenners spin on that. :p

When I was in the Navy, all the big city guys used that as clout. Always made me laugh. You can get a ass whopped anywhere. Just cause your from Chicago doesn't make you any tougher than someone from the sticks.

PurlJam

Bama Club
When I was in the Navy, all the big city guys used that as clout. Always made me laugh. You can get a ass whopped anywhere. Just cause your from Chicago doesn't make you any tougher than someone from the sticks.
Grew up a few miles from an area in south Walker county known as beat 10 no town or city, just "beat 10" ...all I now is folks down there didnt announce where they were from but they could dole out some major ass whoopins and somtimes people would go missing down there from time to time......thinking there could have been some banjo music involved too. :p

Top Bottom