| FTBL With Fromm leaving UGA, which SEC team returns the best quarterback?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Well, actually, no. At least no for me. I didn't see anyone of note point to Lia as a projected starter his frosh season and have only seen some fans claiming he'll be nipping at Mac's heels this spring.

You're preaching to the choir pointing to the differences between collegiate ball and high school. At the same time, let's not overlook there's a distinct difference in playing QB at Mater Dei and Thompson.

Reaction score
I'mmmmmmmmmmmm telling you #5 will not be at Bama come August...

I have been looking thru Lone Waite's rock candy and that is what I have seen

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Yeah....saw some so projecting...of note?...i don’t consider but a few of note...very few....so probably not.... but TT showed some stuff in his HS n PT in spring at bama... spring will be fun to watch QBs.... MJ certainly is going to be toughto beat out...
Playing QB increase at each level....regardless where...( ,maybe not in big 12 though). Young may be the greatest ever.... i dont know.....
Glad he came in early.....get in weight room...get in spring competition...
Certainly gives him a better shot....

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@BamaBoyJosh you remember Alec Morris?

50+ ...

I realize how Lia did in high school. I also believe Mac has, and still is, being severely underestimated.

Have you considered ...

You're watching a bit of McElroy clone—booksmarts and how it translates it translates to decision making. Greg ran a 17-4 TD to INT ratio in '09. Greg was Greg.

Look at AJ for a minute. He's bring more to the mix with athleticism as well as the decision making. His 2002 season was a 30-3 season. (you thinkin' about that accountant thing again?)

I think if you'll take a minute and put a few pieces together you'll see what I've been pointing to for a couple pf months here. I believe the team to be in very solid hands.

What can we say about Young?

i dont know.....

Jalen killed the narrative Saban doesn't start freshman quarterbacks.
He's Sark's guy.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Vaguely. Was he the guy a certain poster was acting like was the second coming of Tom Brady in fall camp or something? Or was that Bateman? I dont remember. I remember he was like David Cornewell size I think.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
I will take a Greg mcElroy clone any day...or AJ... not as exciting as Tua....but who is...but damn effective......and efficient......
I agree....bama in good hands....with Mac....he will be tough to beat out,...i hope he is the leader that a QB needs to be....and coming in behind a legend is tough...always will be compared to Tua...

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
The most impressive thing I think Mac showed was how he bounced back from the his mistakes. One other was a throw he mad to Ruggs across the middle with the pocket collapsing around him. He knew he was going to take a hit but he stood in there and completed the pass with reasonable accuracy under the circumstances. Those are intangibles that will help make him a winner when things get tough and they most certainly will with the competition bama plays.

Top Bottom