| FTBL With Fromm leaving UGA, which SEC team returns the best quarterback?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@Skipz, inserting pictures ...

h.jpg

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
4th best running game in sec forAU s only numbers.....i watched no game ( didnt watch them all though) where the running game was a scary part of their offense game plan....so AU needs to be running the ball with control of game....
Didnt see that...but will change it from "decent" to "dominate " running game..
Gus....and development of QB....I believe nix will develop inSPITE of Gus... good kid...hard worker....will get good off season help.... can hate on AU.... but hard to hate on him.... but wont have a lot of that D to support him either...
but...there. Are some good QBs coming back...no great QBs.... but good... so, who develops.....and who has the supporting cast...

Lost or idiot..... fit both a lot of times.... try to be objective...... helps with the idenifier..leads down one path or the other

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
@50+yeartidefan , @TerryP , if I might piggy back off of your reply, the Barn loses 6 of their 10 linemen in the 2 deep chart and 4 of those are starters. I don't see Nix being any better next year.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
O fully agrees. Who is and who will be.... wide range.... and @UAgrad93 hits a point. Sometimes a QB or RB is only as good as his line. But thats why its a team as opposed to tennis... where its an individual sport....
But when mac n nix squared off... it was mistakes mac made that were turning point of game. Nix may end up as a " game manager" type. Mac looks like the "gun slinger"....
I know we ALL need a break but.... i am ready for ghe 2020 season.... roll Tide

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
To me i think the two who seperate themselves on this list due to experience and success is Trask and Mond. Mond is kind of a gamer and has had some really good games in crunch time. I look for him to even be more aggressive this year. I was very impressed with Trask this year.. he took the reigns and made some big throws for Florida in his first year starting.. with an entire year of work and more confidence I look for him to be probably the best QB in the SEC. He will have a better supporting cast in Florida then Mond will.

I like MAC but I am not even sure he is the best QB on our roster yet let alone the SEC.. just saying

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score

Really....we heard much the same about Tulia didnt we.....
How many 5* we had that washed.....
Hugh difference between CF n HS ....massive....
What really emphasizes....the throw mac made to JJ....in bowl...
JJ had not even finished his route up field before mac threw to where JJ was gonna be...breaking to left...
Takes awhile to get there... practice n study...
that gave me hope for mac n 2020....

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
All subjective. We all had various levels of O-like play and we had far superior WR corp compared to the others in contention here (LSU not in contention). What would Mond or Trask or Noc do with our run game and the receiving Corp we had? Who knows.

another question to consider. Which QB has the biggest wins under their belt coming in to next season? Mac beat Michigan, USCe kid beat UGA, Nix beat Bama and Oregon. Just another data point for the discussion.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
AndNCgame is the game of undefeatedQBs...
And one has never lost a CF game...
Might stay up for that one

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Not saying Mac wont win the job or that he is not capable.. he is probably the leader in the clubhouse. I personally have never been one that thought Taulia was the answer. Comes from a great family but he is different than his brother.. he played ball in my neighboring city and he was a good high school quarterback but didnt have the same pop in his arm as Tua and he is much smaller when you are in person with them. He may develop some more this year with reps and hitting the weight room.
Paul Tyson was a strong armed quarterback and I watched him play a bunch in high school. He has the arm and I surely wouldn't count him out.. If he commits himself.. he definately has the most size and one of the biggest arms.
The ball really explodes out of Bryce Youngs hand and he has very good vision/ anticipation. He has excellent mobilty but he is a passer first. I will be interested to see how he adjusts to smaller windows and speed of the game. He is even smaller than Taulia though.

I think the battle will be this spring and summer.. who takes ownership and who the other players respect and respond to the best. They will see who is putting in the work and I think any of those 4 have a shot.

As far as 5 start busts.. see our little brother to the south east their record with high profile players had been awful.. Frazier, Jovon Robinson, Mosely, Trotter, Trivon Reed, Byron Cowart, Tim Hawthorne, Nate Craig Meyers, Christian Westerman, Jeremy Johnson(the next Cam newton)... and on and on

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Can't believe some here are suggesting Nix is a better QB than Jones. What games did Nix sell you this nonsense.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Seems mostly the fact that Jones lost to Auburn. But let's ignore that Nix was 50% for 173 and 1 TD and Mac was 67% for 339 with 4 TD (yes 2 INT also).

Yearly stats are not comparable really due to situations, but Mac had 11% higher completion rate, 2 fewer TD in 236 fewer pass attempts, almost 4 yards per pass better average yardage, and almost twice the TD/INT ratio.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
People drinking the Gus Bus cool-aid. Even the Barner cult can infect other fan bases if you are not on guard. I refuse to read anything about the cult. I could not tell you more than 1 player (only because of this board) that plays for the Barn and that is Nix. Same with the Viles.

DB Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
"With Fromm leaving UGA, which SEC team returns the best quarterback?"

Are you saying or implying that if Fromm was to return, he would be the best QB in the SEC?

Top Bottom