| FTBL Will Anderson is not happy

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
I clearly said I did not know if it was the issue, but you throw in another variable into the equation, it has a chance at being a hinderance to your program. Do you follow any of the players on social media? I follow a handful and they are posting more than ever before repping new brands and endorsements. Before it was the occasional "look at my outfit", "hanging with my buddies", and reposts from family and friends about their performance. Now it's all of that plus a lot of other NIL stuff. You add in that time and effort and wonder where their mind is. That's the evidence and the analysis from the evidence I've personally seen. I started the season following Hellams, and he posts more than anyone else I have seen. To'oto'o posts a good bit, as does Branch (a lot of reposts). William Anderson just reposts a lot from his family, so not a lot of original content. Mack Wilson was a major social media guy, but during the season he never posted and made a point to focus and not post. Dare we say those were when we last saw the defense assert itself more?
One question: why are you following those guys on twitter?

Beside that, Maybe they have to meet obligations of NIL contract that require them to tweet and endorse the products? it takes only 5 minutes to post a tweet. Again, You're comparing to Mack Wilson who played for Alabama from 2016-2018.

What I'm trying to say that, I doubt that is issue at Alabama. if you read the rules set forth by the Alabama football department, and let me go ahead and list them here.

• Opportunities must not conflict with academic nor team-related activities.
  • It is not permissible for compensation to be provided in exchange for athletic performance or attendance at The University of Alabama.

Look at the starters and their NIL:
Bryce Young, Malcahi Moore, Henry Too Too, Will Reichard, Javion Cohen, JOrdan Battle and Hellams, Allen. Thats it.

That's why I said I doubt it is an issue.

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
If we're not careful, Mississippi State will eat us up more than A&M when they throw it 60 times a game. So I don't necessarily see this conversation changing, just maybe the team names.

I don't even get the question. The same issue(s) have always been there since 2019. The questions we are asking will determine how much success the team has this weekend, on the road, at night.

If the D comes out with another bad plan like it did vs A&M, it's going to be a dogfight. The offense can bail them out and win a shootout, but it should not have to go down that way.

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Century Club
Back in the day, a coach would yank you out of a game so fast your head would spin if you were not performing. What has happened? Bottom line, we have players not performing, yet they remain in the game. I know we are not at practice and do not see how people perform but goodness! Let's get some players in the game that are going to compete and hold each other to a higher standard.

A&M made our defense look like a bunch of junior high kids. We could not cover, tackle or get off the field when needed in the first half. I am also not thrilled with our pass protection on offense. We had success running the ball but on first and goal from the three, we are throwing three times in a row?? Come on, we are better than that.

Rant over....for now.

At spots we did look like a high school team and not far off age wise. I went back and have watched the game 2 or 3 times and looking at what went on defensively. First they were holding, double teaming 31 and 48 begging someone else on the line to do something. Dallas Turner was playing hard but ran himself out of the play several times. Malachi Moore getting run was the part that killed us with A7M's game plan. Since we lost harris at the other OLB the book on us has been to isolate your TE or RB on our OLB.

So most times when a TE or and RB go out for a pass they are being covered by a OLB or a Free safety. Branch is more of a strong safety but is not a great cover guy.. neither is Hellams. Malachi Moore is our best cover safety and with a true freshman OLB and an out of position safety on the field they did the obvious. Go back and look at how many balls were completed to 0, 28, 85 and their other rb. I would say over 80% and 100 percent of their big plays. Then go back and see who is in coverage or who has missed coverage and you will see 2,14 & 15 a bunch.

I think this was their gameplan anyway as 0 (a reciever who was a rb) is used to create mismatches already and 85 is probably their best player. But when Malachi got kicked out it just amplified an already weak spot.

The only solution in my mind was to move Jobe to Malachi;'s spot(dont even know if he knows it) put kool aid in at opposite DB and move 5 to Jobe's old spot. Jobe is pretty physical and can definately cover. Like I said, I dont know if Jobe knows that position but it couldn't have been much worse.

JoshB

Scholarship Club
Some god awful takes here, and some other stupid nonsense.

This is not surprising.

Bama won the title in 2020 in dominating fashion. A TON of elite players left for the NFL. Great talent, and great leaders.

The current team is young and is trying to develop new leaders from the void created. The young players are entitled because the program just won a title.

Folks act like this is new - this is why it is so hard - nearly impossible - to repeat as champs. This has happened after almost every other championship because invariably the roster gets raided by the NFL and new coaches come into the program which also makes it very difficult.

I'm going to assume I am one of those "stupid god awful" takes since you gave me the thumbs down. Want to elaborate or naw? I have no problem admitting if I am off base here, can you honestly tell me that Anderson doesn't completely disappear for long stretches of games?

mando

Sideline Club
I'm going to assume I am one of those "stupid god awful" takes since you gave me the thumbs down. Want to elaborate or naw? I have no problem admitting if I am off base here, can you honestly tell me that Anderson doesn't completely disappear for long stretches of games?
In some of those stretches is he being double teamed? May have something to do with it... I know he is being doubled team. Someone else has to make them pay for that. Do we have other DL that can do that?

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club

Will Anderson is our best player, plays harder than anyone, and wants to win more than anyone. Questioning him is absurd.

It's nothing personal against you - he was quiet this past weekend. A lot of that was scheme, but it was noticeable.

JoshB

Scholarship Club
Will Anderson is our best player, plays harder than anyone, and wants to win more than anyone. Questioning him is absurd.

It's nothing personal against you - he was quiet this past weekend. A lot of that was scheme, but it was noticeable.

I know he has the most talent and I'm not questioning him personally or his will to win. And he wasn't just "quiet" this past weekend, he's been "quiet" this whole season. Again, just my opinion, and I hope he turns it on but nothing he's done makes me believe he will.

In some of those stretches is he being double teamed? May have something to do with it... I know he is being doubled team. Someone else has to make them pay for that. Do we have other DL that can do that?

I know he is being double-teamed some but even in one-on-one situations, he isn't getting it done either. You're definitely right that some of the other guys have to step up and I will say I haven't seen Anderson getting blocked into the third row like DJ Dale and Mathis have at times, but it's more he's just kind of there.

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
I know he has the most talent and I'm not questioning him personally or his will to win. And he wasn't just "quiet" this past weekend, he's been "quiet" this whole season. Again, just my opinion, and I hope he turns it on but nothing he's done makes me believe he will.

I know he is being double-teamed some but even in one-on-one situations, he isn't getting it done either. You're definitely right that some of the other guys have to step up and I will say I haven't seen Anderson getting blocked into the third row like DJ Dale and Mathis have at times, but it's more he's just kind of there.

Will Anderson leads the SEC in TFLs.

If that's nothing, and you are entrenched in the belief he's done nothing and will do nothing this year, I think our discourse is over.

Top Bottom