| FTBL Will Anderson is not happy

RangeGuy

Beer is life.
Registered
I'm gonna grab my tinfoil hat out of the closet for a moment. Before I say this, know that all things are possible. What if some of these 4 and 5 star kids were paid to come to Bama and destroy the Dynasty? Oooh! How bout that? :devilish:

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Willing to bet these NIL deals have some not caring. Hard to be hungry when you aren't currently starving for it. Honestly, what are they working towards? Some know they are fringe NFL talents, so they take the quick money and don't have to earn the riches like classes before them. I could be way off, but this team just doesn't seem to have the chemistry as most of the teams under Saban. More talent than probably any other team, but if you can't form chemistry, it won't work out.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Willing to bet these NIL deals have some not caring. Hard to be hungry when you aren't currently starving for it. Honestly, what are they working towards? Some know they are fringe NFL talents, so they take the quick money and don't have to earn the riches like classes before them. I could be way off, but this team just doesn't seem to have the chemistry as most of the teams under Saban. More talent than probably any other team, but if you can't form chemistry, it won't work out.
Not all have NIL deal. Remember that.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
There's some guys on the team that need a kick in the ass, but Will Anderson ain't among them. There's a lot of players today, a lot, that if they had his ability (and future) and were in his position right now of not being 100% and had a 3rd and 4th stringer working opposite of him? They'd be in sweats on Saturday afternoons.

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Some god awful takes here, and some other stupid nonsense.

This is not surprising.

Bama won the title in 2020 in dominating fashion. A TON of elite players left for the NFL. Great talent, and great leaders.

The current team is young and is trying to develop new leaders from the void created. The young players are entitled because the program just won a title.

Folks act like this is new - this is why it is so hard - nearly impossible - to repeat as champs. This has happened after almost every other championship because invariably the roster gets raided by the NFL and new coaches come into the program which also makes it very difficult.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
I think people are trying to pin NIL as the problem, where is the evidence to show that it is potentially issue for Alabama or other teams?

I clearly said I did not know if it was the issue, but you throw in another variable into the equation, it has a chance at being a hinderance to your program. Do you follow any of the players on social media? I follow a handful and they are posting more than ever before repping new brands and endorsements. Before it was the occasional "look at my outfit", "hanging with my buddies", and reposts from family and friends about their performance. Now it's all of that plus a lot of other NIL stuff. You add in that time and effort and wonder where their mind is. That's the evidence and the analysis from the evidence I've personally seen. I started the season following Hellams, and he posts more than anyone else I have seen. To'oto'o posts a good bit, as does Branch (a lot of reposts). William Anderson just reposts a lot from his family, so not a lot of original content. Mack Wilson was a major social media guy, but during the season he never posted and made a point to focus and not post. Dare we say those were when we last saw the defense assert itself more?

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Back in the day, a coach would yank you out of a game so fast your head would spin if you were not performing. What has happened? Bottom line, we have players not performing, yet they remain in the game. I know we are not at practice and do not see how people perform but goodness! Let's get some players in the game that are going to compete and hold each other to a higher standard.

A&M made our defense look like a bunch of junior high kids. We could not cover, tackle or get off the field when needed in the first half. I am also not thrilled with our pass protection on offense. We had success running the ball but on first and goal from the three, we are throwing three times in a row?? Come on, we are better than that.

Rant over....for now.

Top Bottom