| RECRUIT Who ready for Archie Manning's grandson?

TerryP

Ivory Club
I’d love it if Arch came to Bama but there are other programs he’s looking at that will cause his family less “pain”. So, in two years we’ll see if he truly made his own choice or if his grandad and uncles have helped guide him on where to sign.
It's a three team race right now; Bama, Texas, and Clemson.

Less pain? Because it's Bama? That won't factor in to this decision. (Allegiance didn't factor into Peyton or Eli. It was the QB coach.)

OldPlayer

Bama Club
@Davestwin here's something for you to ponder on a Sunday morning.

O'Brien is cut of the same cloth as Saban: to routine, hours, schedule, attention to detail. This is a match that people are overlooking; both with the offensive potential put specifically with Bryce.

@Tidestalker there's a reason I'm tagging you. It's a mark my words thing.
The odds of O’Brien being at Alabama when Arch enrolls as a freshman are slim. I’m confident that whoever replaces him will be as good/better. Arch’s decision will be based on the bigger picture, not who is coach now.

mando

Sideline Club
The odds of O’Brien being at Alabama when Arch enrolls as a freshman are slim. I’m confident that whoever replaces him will be as good/better. Arch’s decision will be based on the bigger picture, not who is coach now.
Was a about to say the same thing. If the decision is based on QB coach and OC well that would likely become a problem. If they are confident that Saban will be around his full time at Bama AND that he can compete with the current crop of QB's then of course he could end up at Bama. Does Saban and Bama feel he is one of the best QB's out there? Goes both ways.

TerryP

Ivory Club
I"m not saying he's a lock to Bama. I am saying I'm closer to this story than you've led yourself to believe. 'tis what it 'tis

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
The odds of any OC. qB coach.... HC being at here they are when he arrives and then leaves.... not very good....

clemson seems the most stable...

but even .....eventually.......their OC will get an offer he cant refuse...

Dabo probably will finish out at Clemson...

and thats a lot of years left...

TerryP

Ivory Club
The odds of any OC. qB coach.... HC being at here they are when he arrives and then leaves.... not very good....
Unless something unforeseen happens Saban will be at Bama when Arch signs in the fall of 2022. O'Brien has the same agreement with Saban as Sark: he's committed for two years.

People do not understand the working relationship between CNS and CBO: two peas in a pod. I wouldn't be shocked, in the least, if we see him more than two years.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Unless something unforeseen happens Saban will be at Bama when Arch signs in the fall of 2022. O'Brien has the same agreement with Saban as Sark: he's committed for two years.

People do not understand the working relationship between CNS and CBO: two peas in a pod. I wouldn't be shocked, in the least, if we see him more than two years.
That would be great....
And coordinaters can make great money doing just football stuff...

But....but...but.... those HC gigs pay really great money...
And what great coordinaters dont have ( justifiably) aspirations to be a HC

the days comes...when a coordinater sees NS end coming...and hangs around for a shot at the job...

is this what you were inferring too?

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
JMO but no way Nick goes more than 3 or 4 more. I believe these new rules are going to tip the scale for him toward going the Coach K route.

Enjoy it while we have it. 50 yard man and I have been lucky to have enjoyed the Coach Bryant years in addition to the Coach Saban years.

TerryP

Ivory Club
is this what you were inferring too?
No. Not really. I'm talking about how his recruitment will go these next two years while both coaches are here. Maybe O'Brien gets to move back in the "chair." I hope he gets his shot if that's what he's after.

However, I'm talking about Arch. Take this as an example. A 2024 QB was interviewed after camp and said, "“I feel like their offense and what they run would be a good fit for me... that’s the type of system I’d like to be in.” This was after throwing in front of both coaches. It's as much the system as it is a position coach.

The system Arch and his family are looking at is Saban's system. O'Brien will break down how Bama could use Arch in spite of the chance he ends up as a head coach by the time Arch arrives.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
No. Not really. I'm talking about how his recruitment will go these next two years while both coaches are here. Maybe O'Brien gets to move back in the "chair." I hope he gets his shot if that's what he's after.

However, I'm talking about Arch. Take this as an example. A 2024 QB was interviewed after camp and said, "“I feel like their offense and what they run would be a good fit for me... that’s the type of system I’d like to be in.” This was after throwing in front of both coaches. It's as much the system as it is a position coach.

The system Arch and his family are looking at is Saban's system. O'Brien will break down how Bama could use Arch in spite of the chance he ends up as a head coach by the time Arch arrives.
Buy all that! No doubt Nicks willingness to identify and make change should attract much talent

obrian may be the man though.
has 2. Stays 2 -3 more. Mid 70s for ns may in fact be enough
while we think he is Superman. Nature takes over at some time

OldPlayer

Bama Club

O’Brien has a two-year contract but that doesn’t mean he’s committed. He can leave anytime he wants. If a HC role is offered - college or pro - he could go. Even a buyout won’t stop him.

Top Bottom