| FTBL Who Is the Most Disappointing Team in College Football This Year?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Like you, I don't think they'll pull that trigger.

That said, I've seen a few that are plugged in up there that are suggesting it's being considered, strongly.

Here's the thing with me. It seems logical for teams not to be firing and hiring considering the deficits we're seeing due to the way this season has played out. However, if UofSC can afford to move like they are? Michigan should be able to as well.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
LSUs fall was predicted right?

Most disappointing?
  1. Penn State and Michigan. No excuse for either of these programs to be this bad at all.
  2. PAC12 and Big Ten conference schedules. They sold out 😁.
  3. Les Miles at Kansas

We All Bleed Crimson

Football's GREATEST Tradition !
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
I have to say LSU because they're coming off of a natty in 2019. The dropoff is much more than most expected.
Penn State has to be right there with them and that was unexpected by almost all.
Michigan is running in 3rd on my list and no higher because JH has shown this under-achieving trend each year at the big house. It's just that this year has been more underachieving than the normal.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
I don't know what his contract says, but they just gave O a raise and extension. That tells me he's safe - for now. Harbaugh hasn't received a raise or extension and neither did Muschamp. Even with the losses this year, both Michigan and USCe can afford to get rid of their coach.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Not me. Once it was known who was leaving, either graduation or the draft, I figured some drop-off. Then you throw in the opt outs announced before the season started and I pretty much assumed a big drop off. Serves those bastards right!!

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
LSU allowed 44 points and an SEC record in passing yards to Miss St, who also had a brand new offense and went on to not score any points offensively vs. Kentucky and Alabama. LSU also got demolished by Auburn 48-10, a team who lost to South Carolina (who fired their coach).

The depths to which LSU has fallen was not predicted by anyone. They are historically bad for a team coming off a title.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
1. LSU- I wasn't expecting them to have a season where they have bad defense, and so many off the field issues.
2. South Carolina- I expect them to be 9-3 team. They've regressed badly this season.
3. Penn State- Not acceptable for them to go 0-4. Franklin get reprieve for this season.
4. Vandy- Vandying as usual.
5. Louisville
6. Florida State

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Booger McFarland after Penn State lost their 3rd game. “Well, we might have had Penn State a little too high at 8th when the season started.” And he was being serious...

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
OMG. Did he ever.......and loss of control of his staff.... and AD losing control of boosters.... was without a doubt...one of the most embarrassing events in my life...
Taught me....one big thing....never invest to much in areas that you have no control.....

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Because he was winning, didn't Dubose last an extra season beyond his indiscretion, or was there yet another? I'm not sure Gottrfried did, and I can't recall if Perkins was in his first or second year of that relationship when he left.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
DuBose got the reprieve if I'm not mistaken. All of that hit before the '99 season didn't it. We then won the conference title that fall and then it all went to hell in '00 at the Rose Bowl against UCLA to open the season.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@It Takes Eleven I'm thinking this is a pretty good timeline. DuBose was "exposed" in the early part of '99 (late spring, early summer when it went public) and then received his extension and raise following the Orange Bowl. The settlement was in August of the '99 season.

As I recall he "resigned" Nov. 1st, 2000.

Top Bottom