| FTBL While everyone is talking about the arrogance of Texas, all I see is OU fans talking about how many rings.

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
Oklahoma would be closest to winning one today, but I doubt the weekly SEC grind will be conducive to that. This will be a good test of how good the SEC really is though. The teams that have joined previously were not competing for national championships before they joined, even if they were winning their divisions or conferences at times, and aren't a good measure really. Oklahoma is supposed to be an all time power and has made the playoffs multiple times. If they struggle to stay atop the pile that tells you a lot.

im4uainva

Sideline Club
Not much humility or respect there. So, they have reason to believe they're going to just come into the SEC and dominate everyone? Since I don't twitter, perhaps I'm misreading this and it was all said in jest? Otherwise, I can see why ATM was so eager to leave that conference. It's odd though, most OU people I've ever come across were competitive, but they understood the value of 'Class and Sportsmanship'.

ROLL TIDE!

mando

Sideline Club
OU will struggle until/unless they improve their D just like they have in the CFP. The Shorthorns well they will struggle period unless Sark can do magic.

XXL TideFan

Seer
Bama Club
Oklahoma is supposed to be an all time power and has made the playoffs multiple times.
Going off memory alone I‘m certain they have not made it out of the semi’s. Depending on the structuring of the conference it’s conceivable that their trips to Atlanta will be few and far between with diminishing chances of a spot in the playoffs until at such a time the playoffs are expanded. Not a pig in a poke scenario but not an immediate launch pad either.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Texas will one before OU. Sark is going to do great there plus Riley hasn’t shown that he cares about defense in the least bit
OU has made an effort in D....
Much improved in basics...tackling...organization...etc
....but their SEC grind will test it...

and all those that think ...neither will be competitive...just remember...missouri won SECe their first couple of years...

ElephantStomp

Bama Club
OU has made an effort in D....
Much improved in basics...tackling...organization...etc
....but their SEC grind will test it...

and all those that think ...neither will be competitive...just remember...missouri won SECe their first couple of years...
They’re much improved on D for the Big 12.

I think both will be competitive to an extent, depends which division they’re put in. If they’re in the east they’ll be competitive relatively, but the west? Not a chance

Top Bottom