| FTBL Which school on this graphic impresses you the most?

FVTvefnWYAEZROb

Bamaclam

Sideline Club
either Penn St or Tx Tech.

The fact that TT has two of the three is incredible considering outside of Micheal Crabtree for receiver I cant name a single running back that ever played at TT.

For PSU to have all three is the same they have has their fair share of running backs but who at QB stands out other than Blacklegde.

and as far as receivers at PSU um .... who knows.

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
either Penn St or Tx Tech.

The fact that TT has two of the three is incredible considering outside of Micheal Crabtree for receiver I cant name a single running back that ever played at TT.

For PSU to have all three is the same they have has their fair share of running backs but who at QB stands out other than Blacklegde.

and as far as receivers at PSU um .... who knows.
TTech RB were Byron "Bam" Morris, and Byron Hanspard. Not exactly household names.

PSU receiver was Bobby Engram in 1994

PurlJam

Bama Club
Rice. I was sure it would have been one of those Rice RB's from back in the 30's and 40's, after I checked, it was 1991 Trevor Cobb. They were still Rice, 4-7 that year.

Last edited:

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Georgia Tech surprises me a little, but I'm guessing it was Joe Hamilton and Calvin Johnson. A little shocked they haven't had a Doak Walker winner.

Also a little curious how Adrian Peterson never won the Doak Walker award, which would have put Oklahoma in the middle. As a Freshman he was amazing.

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
Georgia Tech surprises me a little, but I'm guessing it was Joe Hamilton and Calvin Johnson. A little shocked they haven't had a Doak Walker winner.

Also a little curious how Adrian Peterson never won the Doak Walker award, which would have put Oklahoma in the middle. As a Freshman he was amazing.
His best season was his freshman year. Cedric Benson from Texas won it that year. It was controversial that year because Freshmen were not eligible for the Doak Walker until the middle of that very season. Peterson was a finalist but it appears a lot of last minute politicking against a Freshman threw it to Benson. Weird because Peterson and Reggie Bush were 2 and 5 in the Heisman race while Benson was way behind Bush at 6th.

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
His best season was his freshman year. Cedric Benson from Texas won it that year. It was controversial that year because Freshmen were not eligible for the Doak Walker until the middle of that very season. Peterson was a finalist but it appears a lot of last minute politicking against a Freshman threw it to Benson. Weird because Peterson and Reggie Bush were 2 and 5 in the Heisman race while Benson was way behind Bush at 6th.
I remember AP getting a lot of press the season Darren McFadden "showed up" at Arkansas. And that was following Reggie Bush's win out west.

He was a great running back looking up to others each season.

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
I remember AP getting a lot of press the season Darren McFadden "showed up" at Arkansas. And that was following Reggie Bush's win out west.

He was a great running back looking up to others each season.
AP had injury issues in '05 and '06 that kept him down. I think in 2006 he only played about half their games and still got over 1,000 yards. Would have been interesting to see how he would have done if he had played the full year that last year.

Top Bottom