| FTBL Which Big 12 game was the most embarassing for the conference?

SoCalPatrick

Registered
Reaction score
Louisiana defeating Iowa State 31-14,
Arkansas State beating Kansas State 35-31,
Texas Tech beating Houston Baptist 35-33,
or Coastal Carolina defeating Kansas 38-23

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
The iowa state game. Did they have full contact tackling in practice.?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Arkansas State, down nine starters, beating a Kansas State team.

Houston Baptist is right up there even with their loss.

Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
And watch them pop up and take down a ranked B1G team this season.

The Big 12 beat 4 teams Saturday. Those teams combined records last year were:
• 0-14 against FBS teams​
• 13-19 against FCS teams​

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I will say all of them. I mean TT only winning was by 2 points! Houston Baptist lose last weekend to North Texas 51-33!

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Iowa State was at home and on the big stage. Louisiana stomped them badly. Definitely the worst game for that conference this weekend. But the rest of those games are damn close to as bad. KState and Kansas were both bad, but honestly not horribly surprising. Kansas lost to Coastal Carolina last year and barely beat Indiana State. Texas Tech lost to both Kansas teams last year so them almost taking a dump isn't too surprising.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Had to be Iowa State.....there was talk of them making some serios noise in Big12..
They made it...THUD

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Has to be Iowa State. They've been pumping Campbell and Purdy bug time, so a loss at home to Louisiana is not ideal at all.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
You two are right @rocknthefreeworld and @50+yeartidefan! When you give up a KO return, a punt return, and a long TD pass. Most of the time you not going to win!

Here another team I have never heard of. But it's a school from NC. This team came close to beating the Ga. Southern Eagles. That is the Campbell Fighting Camel! It's only going to play four games the other has been postponed. It in the Big Sky the same as North Alabama is in.
1600023910728.png

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
IMO, I think its the K State loss. The reason I say this is because K Sate has developed a reputation of a decent program under former Coach Bill Snyder. Sure Iowa St and Kansas lost and T Tech squeaked by but those 3 have traditionally been bad football teams. ISU does pull off an occasional upset from time to time. Still going with K State.

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
About as bad as Georgia Tech with like 7 (Paul Johnson) triple option style QB's on the roster, starting duel threat true freshman qb and beating FSU at their place running the shotgun spread, grant it that they didn't score many points (had 2 fg's and an extra point blocked), but they moved the ball good (around 470 yards of offense)..... give GT defense credit though, they looked pretty good or FSU's O-line sux really bad...... On topic, Kansas or Iowa State, take your pick.... both were baboon ass ugly.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I thought Tech looked really good outside of the Freshman redzone mistakes and kick protection. Sims is going to be a great ball player for the Jackets. He really has it. Their defense was pretty awesome and their offense pretty much marched down field on the Noles defense. On top of it all, Florida State's defense looked like some damn beasts!!! I give Coach Collins and the Jackets a ton of credit.

And by the way, I have never been sold on Marvin Wilson like the media. I know Rivals kisses his ass this season because he was so highly ranked with them, but he has never shown me anything.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Don't discount the familiarity of their weekend routine on game weeks. It's a lot different traveling from Birmingham on a bus after sleeping in a different hotel than it is when away teams are at home. A set routine versus one they're not real familiar with on most occasions. Fans have routinely harassed visiting teams at hotels around the SEC.

Top Bottom