| OT "what’s your most controversial southern food take?"

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Ok I got to keep up with your hipster lingo so figured out the Brinner thing.

It's almost mudbug time. Around here we have a boil with corn on the cob, conecah sausage, shrooms, potatoes, garlic and onions in a giant pot. Cook till done and add swampfire seasoning and cook you some mudbugs or crawfish for about 5 minutes. Throw em on a picnic bench with newspapers and enjoy. Break em in two and suck the head juice and pinch the tails to get one spicy hot succulent treat. Can't wait.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

It's almost mudbug time. Around here we have a boil with corn on the cob, conecah sausage, shrooms, potatoes, garlic and onions in a giant pot. Cook till done and add swampfire seasoning and cook you some mudbugs or crawfish for about 5 minutes. Throw em on a picnic bench with newspapers and enjoy. Break em in two and suck the head juice and pinch the tails to get one spicy hot succulent treat. Can't wait.
Brinner= Breakfast + Dinner

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score

Sounds great. It'd be even better without that fungus. :p

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Where is Brinner
Oops. Forgot to post it last night. (or now that it's midnight, the night before last)

@planomateo new griddle, haven't quite dialed in the temp I like for eggs yet. Yolks got a LITTLE done around their edges, but still runny on the inside. Not QUITE over/easy.

But my tongue DID slap my brain.. Several times. Hit the spot.

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
@TerryP the kids tapped out on me last night before I was done cooking. Lightweights.

My step daughter (14, skinny as a rail) is super picky, has never tried my biscuits and sausage gravy. She won't eat it if it's not from Hardee's. But when she asked my wife about breakfast this morning, my wife told her "It's as close to Hardee's as you'll get, but better because it's homemade."

I shower and come back to the kitchen, and this kid has three biscuits torn open, smothered in gravy. Covered the whole plate. I think I won this one... Lol

Last edited:

rick4bama

Scholarship Club
Reaction score
7,8,11,12,13,15,16. I will 4 and 3. Now I have done all of them because when you close of being out out bread!

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
/off the main topic/

Speaking of breakfast, I'll be up in the Great White North next weekend, I'll snap a picture of some hash browns I had up there last time. Nothing fancy, they just used a larger grater to make the potato shavings bigger than what you normally get and the potatoes were outta Whitehall, MT. Had them a few times when I was up there in December.
See how they cut the potatoes to make hashbrowns? Over easy eggs on hashbrowns, yummy.

rick4bama

Scholarship Club
Reaction score
@planomateo That look good. For some reason I have been putting my eggs over my toast/biscuit. Also the way you did it and on top of the my gravy sausage biscuit. Maybe we should get @doemasters to get some food smiles!

Top Bottom