| FTBL What does the ACC think about the SEC's decision? Or the fans?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Clemson vs UofSC? UF vs FSU? I feel for those fans, and players.

I'm wondering...the ACC should have communicated with the SEC in a more clear fashion here. A ball was dropped here.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
While those are marquee games of the past.....they aren’t much recently...
Or UGA vs GT....
KY vs Louisville

Certainly for fans...... has to be disappointment... but out side of fan bases....not so much so

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Bama Club
Reaction score
Look for the ACC to go to 10 Conference games. With an exception to ND to play Navy. When has ND not gotten an exception?

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Look, if all we get is conference games that is better than no games. I really do not care what team is playing another for one year as long as they get to play. As @JoseyWalesTheOutlaw just said, "you adapt, you overcome, you improvise."

Reaction score
It's possible that the SEC has to come to the fork in the road to stick with more SEC games period. Can they turn around after this one season?

252BAMA

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
And go back? I hope not. It is absolutely ridiculous for a conference to play the same number of OOC games as conference games. As does the SEC.

If you are going to be in a conference then play the other damn teams! If you don't want to, then get the Hell out of the conference. The other 13 schools need to grow a set. And don't go back to 9, much less 8!

Last edited:

252BAMA

Bama Club
Reaction score
The chicken chit SEC Six Conference Game Minimum/Maximum Rule came about because Coach Bryant was able to schedule seven games most of the time, eight a few times, and would have scheduled all nine if they would have played him.

252BAMA

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
What happened is that in the 1980 Spring meetings the Six Conference Game Minimum Rule was expanded to read Maximum also. Bama and Ole Miss were already scheduled to play a seventh game in both 1980 and 1981. Rather than cancel the games they agreed to play them as OOC games. Resulting in the ONLY two regular season games between conference members in the history of the SEC that did not count in the standings.

Top Bottom