| LIFE What do you do when you receive your "order delivered" email from Walmart and the picture of your groceries aren't at your house?

TerryP

Ivory Club
Besides just laugh.

They were next door and fortunately—next door neighbor has dementia—I saw her taking them inside. All's good. Got my grub.

But still...when I make this phone call...

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
I absolutely hate WalMart delivery. My MIL orders from them all of the time and the delivery people are bad to throw stuff in odd places or not notify anyone delivery was made. I have stepped outside to find stuff sitting there in the hot sun.

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
I've never used a grocery delivery service. How much extra does it cost? I wouldn't be comfortable having someone pick my produce for me, but then again I wouldn't buy produce from Walmart, either.
Free over a certain amount I believe. One reason I refuse to do any of them is because I have seen what happens with my MIL stuff when she does it. Dented as hell cans. WalMart brand goods substituted for name brands. And the folks who deliver usually throw it on the doorstep. Or at it.

TerryP

Ivory Club
I absolutely hate WalMart delivery. My MIL orders from them all of the time and the delivery people are bad to throw stuff in odd places or not notify anyone delivery was made. I have stepped outside to find stuff sitting there in the hot sun.
First time I've had a problem. I set the deliveries between 8-9 in the morning and they're usually there by 8:10 at the latest.
I've never used a grocery delivery service. How much extra does it cost? I wouldn't be comfortable having someone pick my produce for me, but then again I wouldn't buy produce from Walmart, either.
It's $100 a year. I don't buy meat or produce from Walmart; never have. That's a Publix, Whole Foods, or farmers market trip.

I do buy some perishables; eggs, milk, etc. The milk is normally dated two plus weeks out, bread has always been fresh, etc.

That said, Amazon Prime offers free, two hour delivery from Whole Foods. I've used them several times and have been very pleased. $16 lb ribeyes, Angus, the other day...damn good!
Free over a certain amount I believe
At Walmart.com, for things from their "store" versus "groceries" purchases over $35 are free delivery. If you're not a W* member it's $7.95 I believe.

Top Bottom