TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
I am positively giddy. I rank the US open only behind The Open as my favorite major.

that rough looks evil.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
For golf, it's the US Open then The Open for me! Not a lot of difference in my fandom other than rarely playing courses like those found across the pond.

Augusta is up there for scenery alone. I'm hoping it's played without fans this year so people can see how wide open that course actually plays.

Elderfalsedemigod

Century Club
Reaction score
@TerryP I have noticed in the tournaments since the restart with no fans and fewer structures ( tents grandstand etc) there have been some really interesting results on errant tee shots that would normally be somewhat contained by people or structures. Also not many trampled down areas to get a break from. All in all I really like watching without the throngs. JMO

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

ColAngus

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Kid I've known since he was about 8 is in this year. His dad can go (he's technically his "swing coach"); mom can't. Crazy times.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
A 12 inch long blade of grass is insane. I call it monkey grass in my landscaped beds... Wouldn’t want to try and hit a ball from that, it might grab my iron, pull it out of my hand and laugh at me.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Hoping my buddy can get me a hat. Winged Foot has a cool logo.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Yeah, that rough is looking almost too thick. Gonna be a true test of a professional this week. Bombers better be accurate and maybe club down, and the guys that aren't long and utilize their placement better be on as well.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
USGA has produced a video tour if each hole... I'll compile it if I can find them all.

Elderfalsedemigod

Century Club
Reaction score
I don’t see a bomber winning it this week. North wind is going to make it very difficult. If someone can replicate Tigers old stinger shot with a driving iron or a 2 iron and just par their way around I think that will win it

Top Bottom