| FTBL Weird story regarding Cade Mays, UGA, and his father.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

Does a lawsuit against your former team give a player a legitimate reason to receive immediate eligibility?

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Ha ha, interesting. Didn't his dad play at Tennessee, and isn't his brother committed there? From Knoxville I know.

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
i'd like to know on what grounds he's filing the lawsuits.

the chair manufacturer.....i can maybe see it if it's a defect in the chair. but the university? how is the chair getting wedged against a column the university's fault? sure they may have put it there, but any sane, rational, grownup wouldn't have sat in it if they thought there might be an issue.

seems to me like somebody's just trying to either get paid for being stupid or trying to get a waiver to play right away. i hope the ncaa denies him that chance, if that is the case.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

jdpas29

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
Had your finger chopped off while folding it up in a lawn chair and somehow wedging it against a column at a public sporting event?

CALL ME, ALABAMA!!!

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Look!! If we have seen people sue McDonalds for having hot coffee and win, then this lawsuit is indeed very winnable!!! The stupidity that is put in a jury box these days is unbelievable!!!!! Add to that, the NCAA is just as bad and will likely allow this waiver.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
By some miracle, if Cade Mays can get his transfer approved (Jahvon Quinerly and Nate Oats need to go a Soliemani-type hunt if Mays does... [not really, shut up]), then this is Pruitt's projected OL (taken off a FB post):

Darnell Wright (5-star / No. 10 overall in 2019)
Wanya Morris (5-star / No. 28 overall in 2019)
Cade Mays (5-star / No. 22 overall in 2018)
Trey Smith (5-star / No. 14 overall in 2017)

Not to mention Brandon Kennedy (4-star / No. 296 overall) being back at center as well. This is an OL that can compete in the SEC.

Now if Pruitt only had a QB for them to protect...

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I know that the person scalded themselves with it among other things. Just condensing the case. I once served as jury foreman on a case where a lady was suing Hardee's because she slipped and fell on a wet morning. I convinced the others on the jury that this was more or less a scam and she lost. More to the case, just condensed version.

russb8903

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Reaction score
Yeah, try reading it rather than linking. There's so much more than "hurr durr she poured it on herself, didn't deserve 3 million!"

russb8903

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Reaction score
You made an argument based on what can only be considered a lesson in urban legend. You then admitted you didn't actually know the facts. When it was pointed out to you that there were more relevant facts than you acknowledged, you refused to do the research. You instead smugly posted a link that itself would have informed you of some of the complexities if you had taken the time to read it. You haven't really earned a diplomatic response at that point.

Top Bottom