• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| FTBL We have lost nearly 30% of our starters this season and fans have proven what Ms. Terry said a few years ago. The appreciation is severely lacking.

footballer

Sideline Club
Reaction score
No one likes to lose; the players, the coaches nor fans.There can be no excuses. But the manner and reasons for losing disappoints everyone.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Even with all of the loss of depth and people like Tua and Moses the most disappointing thing to me was the undisciplined play. If this team plays disciplined and assignment football they are undefeated. What other program could say that with all the injuries? This is why Coach Saban must get the disciplined and assignment football play back into the team.

I for one think no less of Saban today than I did before the game or season. He is either going to say shove it or it is going to light a fire that you will see a much more disciplined team next year. Still a lot of talent on this team. Heck a majority of the D got experience this year so they will be better.

Now the offense may take a step back but in reality Jones and Waddle made plays all over the field and they will be back.

One last point, Bama with its backup QB put up 45 points on what was supposed to be this great Barnyard D.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Players doing what they are told to do.......at the time....
And its not right.....Gus bus out foxed the fox at the chicken house...
And Gus just wanted Waddle off the field....just shift back to regular punt formation...
Yes....somebody is paidto manage this....and didnt properly...
Panicked and ran D back onfield....
What do you call it?

Vabama77

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Anyone who says "time for saban to go" in all due respect I needs to have the living shit beaten out of them. Ungrateful , spoiled , I could go on. I think coach will be more determined to get it right in 2020 and beyond. Just need that edge back on defense , and as someone mentioned the offensive staff did great ..no issue there other than the pre snap miscues at times.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Nick aint going anywhere....
Staff may....attention to detail.....
Got talent....need committed coaching

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
This is interesting. Now, I'm not advocating for a change, (as far as the head coach is concerned) in any way, shape, or form. But, this does get me to thinking. Everything comes to an end. The Saban era is no exception. What if...BIG TIME what if....he were to lose to the barn in Tuscaloosa next season? Then the following year, it's back to JHS, conceivably setting up a 3rd loss in a row to them. Do the boo birds come out? I ask this because I have seen 3 coaches hit the trail fast for failing to beat auburn. Perkins, Curry, and Shula. Granted, Curry and Shula never beat auburn, and while Perkins broke even against them, his final loss to them in 1986 did him in. He could hear the freight train coming, and that is why he didn't hesitate to take the Tampa Bay job a week after that game. I would think that if Saban started dropping games to auburn on a regular basis (especially consecutive games) then he would seriously reevaluate himself and possible even question himself about whether or not it was time to bow out. He would do that way before his seat could get warm. Anyway, I do wonder how it all ends. Does he go out on a season like 1982? Or does he go out on top? And...other than Dabo, I have not heard any other names of possible replacements. Granted, a replacement isn't needed right now, but when that time comes, who can do it? I do not see Dabo leaving Clemson and I do not see Kirby leaving Georgia. And, I do wonder if maybe we are getting pretty near the end. Not just because of the most recent loss, but, just because of his age and where he is, health wise. Now and over the next 4-5 years. Anywho, just stuff I've thought about

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
OMG, go back and reread it, my dude. I said it was just stuff I thought about for when the Saban era does come to an end one day. That could be 10 damn years from now. Who knows. And yeah, I kind of do wonder what would happen if he lost a few in a row to the barn. Not that he will, just what if. It's hypothetical, for crying out loud

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Saban has something that Curry, Shula etc... did not have, credibility. He has won 6 NC's. He leaves on his terms and he should.... Still no one out there that I would change for him. I hope he gets his batteries recharged and makes at least one more run. His OCD needs to kick back in when it comes to paying attention to details and run these plays/drills until they can't get them wrong

Vabama77

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I think Chris is talking moreso about the national pundits who are openly dancing on our grave for the time being. Props to him for sticking up for the program

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Bama got hit before the season started!

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
2019 was just setting up to be a bad year from the start. Record wise, it was not a bad year. If I could time travel back to the Dubose/Fran/Shula days and tell myself that, going forward, a "bad" year would mean records of 11-2 or 10-3 at worst, my past self would have loved one of those "bad" seasons. I suppose it was a bad year by the modern standard to which we have become accustomed. When I first heard about Trey Sanders and Dylan Moses, my stomach turned. It felt like storm clouds were already gathering. Tua was hurt badly in the Tennessee game. Even if he had not have gotten the dislocated hip a few weeks later, he would still have been playing hurt the rest of the way. And...the loss to those cum swallowers down in shitsville...that game had me concerned all the way back in September. I felt a little better after they shit up the joint against Georgia, but I had a BAD BAD feeling that they still had some devil voodoo in the bag that had not surfaced yet. But it sure did last week. The good news is, the previous two times that we lost to them, we beat them the very next year in Tuscaloosa. That should be the case again next season. I hope we gorilla smash them. I hope it's 2012 bad. Perhaps the bad shit has run it's course for us and 2020 will be better. Hell, if only the injury bug would ease up...if absolutely nothing else...that would do wonders.

Top Bottom