• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| FTBL We have lost nearly 30% of our starters this season and fans have proven what Ms. Terry said a few years ago. The appreciation is severely lacking.

17Champs

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
10 wins with, essentially, a freshman front 7 at times, is a wonderful testament to our coaches and individual team members. I am grateful and thankful.

Just running down the list of what this team was missing yesterday

QB1
RB2
TE1
TE2
DE1
DE2
DT1
ILB1
ILB2
OLB3
K1
P1

bamatommy

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
Why did we have so many this year? It reminds me of the 2004 season when Brodie Croyle tire his ACL. Our fourth string RB started in the Iron Bowl.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
RB2? Had the true freshman passed B. rob on the depth chart in practice?

We had some big hits, but we still had more talent in the field that Aubie. Hands down. We lacked the discipline though. And many of our penalties were not freshmen.

Penalties: Leatherwood, Wills, Mayden, Douglas, Surtain, Diggs, Brown, Lee, Brown, Wills, Leatherwood. And a substitution not named. These are not backups for the most part. These penalties extended their drives, shortened ours, cost us good field position, and affected the score. Injuries or not, we had the most talent on the field.

Reaction score
I would bet the 1st place Nick starts with his end of season evaluation is within himself. If DB's are really under his tent then he is not performing his job. 2 and 7 are both average but look to be talented athletically. JMO but I believe the Karl Scott will be asked to shop around. If rumors are true then Pete has some issues that he will move on as well.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Really hard to describe all the penalties.....
And it wasn’t just this game.....and hostile crowd....
Been all or most all year,.....
I sure expect to see the 2020 team a lot more disciplined

Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
The injury deal was just too much to overcome but with that said what I saw was a team with little discipline. A defense that never got any better. The loss of Pruitt has really been a killer for Bama(more than loss of Kirby). I thought the offensive coaches did a good job this year....all of them.

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
had an acquaintance tell me last night that we need to get rid of Nick Saban. his exact words:

"Time for Saban to go along with all those clowns he hired. Worst team he's ever had and he's in decline as a coach. Seriously. He's the one that keeps hiring all these losers. I'm ready for Dabo."

i guess he forgot about 2010? we lost to south carolina, lsu, and auburn.
and 2013? lost to auburn and oklahoma
or hell, what about 2007?! we lost to georgia, florida state, lsu, mississippi state, louisiana monroe, and auburn.

if 2 losses is the man's worst team, then his expectations are too high for anyone. let's say we get Dabo (i don't think we ever do, but in this hypothetical let's say we do), what happens if HE has 2 losses in one season? do we get rid of him and go after the next guy?

when you always expect perfection, all you get is disappointment. nobody's perfect all the time.....NOBODY!

Coach Paul W. Bryant...arguable the greatest coach, ever. how many 2-loss (or more) seasons did HE have?

Reactions: AFF

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Worth mentioning, we're missing the top defender from the last 4 recruiting classes as well. Realize Ben Davis is on the team, but he's not a starter. Take into account the this, those leaving for the draft early, and finally the injuries and you have a perfect storm.

Antonio Alfano (2019) - no longer with the team
Eyabi Anoma (2018) - no longer with the team
Dylan Moses (2017) - season ending injury
Ben Davis (2016) -

Reaction score
Alfano and Anoma never played a meaningful down at Bama so you can't miss a player that never made a play. Ben is just soft and nothing is ever going to fix that. Moses is given a lot more credit as being elite that perhaps he should have received. Then again everybody the pulls on the Crimson jersey is viewed that way.

Reaction score
Both were recruiting mistakes perhaps not due to talent but character. It really doesn't matter which since neither contributed to the team. Depth is a number and you can have numbers but no real players. Example 8 as starters but 10 and 36 and 42 as so called depth. We're in a world of shit going into 2020 at ILB. Rumor is pretty strong now that the big LB from Theodore is leaning to LSU after this weekend's stay in the swamp. Not good.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
In the title"ms Terry thinks fans are unappreciative "
I really doubt Ms Terry thinks fans are to unappreciative...
The fans are the support.... the money...the reason bama is bama...
Look at those TN n LSU crowds....give fans something to jump on...they jump..
Hard tough year....losing Tua was devastating...for the team....not just as QB...but as leader... shit just happened

17Champs

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Saban is known for going over as many possibilities as he can think of when they are preparing for a game.

Here you are talking about a play where they ran their punter on the field as a wide receiver. It was one of those "Gus plays." And because he didn't think of that type of a play it's bad coaching?

It was Gus playing around with substitution rules again just like he did several years ago before they changed the rules to allow defensive substitutions to match the offensive subs.

College coaches rarely think in high school manners.

Bama Club
Reaction score
Due to the caliber of recruits CNS brings in with the number of juniors we lose to the draft injuries to key players is just too much to overcome.
And this is most evident this year. Case in point what if M. Wilson and D. Thompson had stayed.

Top Bottom