| LIFE Videos of the day...whatcha got?

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Love this! If you don't, so be it. I do.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
It took me 16 years to complete the AT, not a thruhiker, just a 2,000 miler. The PCT is not in my sights, but 212 miles of it is as described as the John Muir Trail I plan to tramp. It's probably pushed to 2021 and perhaps 2022 based on work demands, but I intend to complete it ahead of the Milford Track and Patagonia. A man needs to know his limitations...

footballer

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Congratulations for your completion of the AT. That is quite the accomplishment even though it took you a number of years to complete.
That is pure dedication. Also, I will pull for you and hope you get to hike John Muir section of the PCT as you are hoping to do. I agree,
everyone should try to learn their limitations. It makes for a more exciting life.

I have spent a good amount of time in the woods when I was younger, usually fishing or hunting. But also used to go for long walks in the woods
just to get out of the house. I have never been a hiker per say, but did enjoy time alone in the woods. Due to my circumstances in my younger years, I was never able to commit the time to trail hike. There were these obstacles called working and making a living. I began to learn my limitations around 1999, when my lung function began to lessen considerably. Now, I just watch from the sidelines, so to speak.

Top Bottom