| ADMIN 🚧UPDATES THIS WEEKEND 🚧 Temporary 2-step verification, Usergroups and their permissions, and ...

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Sunday:

As the Usergroups and individual placement continues this weekend some of you will likely have to follow a two-step verification process when you're logging into the site. Look at it like having to unlock the deadbolt and front door knob. It's your choice on how you log in for the future.

{Within your profile, under Password and Security, the Two-Step verification is disabled by default. If you it's simply a matter of clicking Change then Enable.

Usergroups are currently based on the number of messages posted on this forum. It's loosely adopted from the booster/donation rankings at UA. The 'ladder' detailing what group falls where, etc., will be coming shortly. Within these Usergroups you'll find permissions and options are different. More on that later as well.

The Light/Dark options are almost fully in place...there are more additions coming with this feature. You've probably noticed other additions here and there. I'm not going to take the time to walk through each and every one. However, please ask if you see something you're curious about...whether it's a how to or something else.

Last edited:

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@OldPlayer,

You, along with everyone else, should be good to go for the night.

In setting permissions, access, and options for usergroups some things were easier done by locking everyone's door and then going back and opening a few. Sorry for the delay

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@footballer, I may be wrong here. I suspect when you were moved into the "Century Club" usergroup it logged you out of the site. Upon your return, it directed you to the extra verification's.

AS a FWIW:

The two step verification is just another stop-gap on the front end for new registrations. Spam is a very limited issue here with the current traps in place—another doesn't hurt.

Sorry for any inconveniences.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Are we going to have to do the two step process every 30 days? If so can that be extended to like 90 days?

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
@OldPlayer,

You, along with everyone else, should be good to go for the night.

In setting permissions, access, and options for usergroups some things were easier done by locking everyone's door and then going back and opening a few. Sorry for the delay
terry the authorization required my social security number and I just don’t feel comfortable with that. If this is what it requires to be on the site going forward it will keep me out.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
terry the authorization required my social security number and I just don’t feel comfortable with that
A simple over sight. Your ACH information is up to date.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
@TerryP I see we are in Clubs now? Do we have a Championship Club? Asking for a friend?😇

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@rick4bama, read the first post in this thread...updated it this morning

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Century Club
Reaction score

Site rendering a bit oddly on my Amazon fire tablet

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@TerryP, I'm not understanding
If you're having an issue with Amazon Fire I couldn't tell you why...unless you've got something cached for an index your browser keeps pointing to? There's been style changes and template changes constantly over the last 36 hours...nothing in a platform or image rendering change.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@XXL TideFan, with the OS(s) you tend to run on your various devices you may be in a search mode of you can't figure it out. It's not on my end that I can see: in either of the dark or light platforms. When one is tweaked, it affects the other which has to be changed in its own unique way. Perhaps you were caught in one of the tweaks this morning.

Keep me apprised, will ya?

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Century Club
Reaction score
@TerryP, All seems well now. I do seem to have a hodge podge of devices and OS's.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I do seem to have a hodge podge of devices and OS's.
It's one thing knowing how to operate a variety of different devices along with OS's. It's another when you own all those devices and OS's.

Top Bottom