| FTBL UPDATE: Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma Sooners unanimously accept invitation to SEC

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
My thoughts, remember the guy, Brandon, when we was at the Sugar Bowl that really hated the SEC and Bama and was ribbing the conference? Yeah, that guy is gonna be soooooooo Happy. Bless his heart! OU and Texas in the SEC, I am really laughing right now, cause these so called power houses really want to dip into that SEC money now. Think about this, if Alabama wasn't so Dominant this past decade plus, would we even be talking about this? Good move for OU and Texas, prob will happen, and I will now get to see 2 UTs get their ass rearranged on a yearly basis. Fun Times.

Good to see you pop in, brother! Not only has Bama's dominance helped in making the SEC more attractive (can't beat them, join them and reap the rewards), but I bet the way the whole COVID stuff played out last summer was a big part of getting this ball rolling too. I've not always been a big fan of Sankey, but he was putting on a master class while most everyone else was left looking like a fool. It's not hyperbole to say that Sankey saved the 2020 college football season. Like him or not, the dude has proven to be a leader in the most difficult of times. Would make sense that OU and UT would see that and want to be a part of it. Similar to a 5* LB from CA who see's Saban/Alabama and wants on that train...

Kirk Van de Graaff

Gravity Checker
Scholarship Club
Good to see you pop in, brother! Not only has Bama's dominance helped in making the SEC more attractive (can't beat them, join them and reap the rewards), but I bet the way the whole COVID stuff played out last summer was a big part of getting this ball rolling too. I've not always been a big fan of Sankey, but he was putting on a master class while most everyone else was left looking like a fool. It's not hyperbole to say that Sankey saved the 2020 college football season. Like him or not, the dude has proven to be a leader in the most difficult of times. Would make sense that OU and UT would see that and want to be a part of it. Similar to a 5* LB from CA who see's Saban/Alabama and wants on that train...
Great points bro. Covid is a consolidation force for sure. i am waiting on the masks inside the facemasks over the normal facemask to be added to the helmet as a standard, so when someone wants to pull a Romanowski they get rejected. Just Sayin.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Great points bro. Covid is a consolidation force for sure. i am waiting on the masks inside the facemasks over the normal facemask to be added to the helmet as a standard, so when someone wants to pull a Romanowski they get rejected. Just Sayin.

They are so soft today. Coach Tubby Graves had us playing through typhoid fever, and he wasn't passing out masks! Or helmets!

Top Bottom