| FTBL UPDATE: Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma Sooners unanimously accept invitation to SEC

OldPlayer

Bama Club
I agree with you . Folks don't like giving up money that is owed to them, but when the lawyers get involved, who knows what will happen.

Either way ESPN owns LHN and SECn. I'm sure this will make the marriage easier and the buyout less punitive.
There will be no LHN. It will go away. The lawyers will negotiate how to dissolve the network and anything UT will be on the SECN. It won't be SECN2.

SoCalPatrick

Sideline Club
You're right, it's SEC Alt. What being shown on it right now? It's not a network. It only shows overflow games to satisfy the contract with the SEC.
No. It doesn't just serve as an overflow network. It's part of the ESPN family, part of ESPN+, and part of the SECN.

To you question about what's being shown? I take it you've not watched Bama baseball or Bama softball on that channel.

And yes, it's a channel, not a network. That's no differnt from ESPN2 in the fact that's a channel that's part of a network.

We will see coverage of the SEC expand beyond watching intra-mural games with TX's volleyball like we saw on the LHN.

I don't get the idea that the SEC will expand its teams, which means more games, but the SECN won't expand to cover those teams and the additional games?

Rolltide24

Century Club
If Texas is the reason for the deal ending (LHN), wouldn’t that give Disney grounds to not have to pay all of that sum owed until 2031? Maybe I missed something. If that’s the case, they’re (UT) is selling something they can’t provide.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
If Texas is the reason for the deal ending (LHN), wouldn’t that give Disney grounds to not have to pay all of that sum owed until 2031? Maybe I missed something. If that’s the case, they’re (UT) is selling something they can’t provide.
Yes, but there may be predefined termination provisions in the agreement. I'd say Disney is getting off by not having to continue its full payments, they're losing money while TX was ready to pull in higher backend payments.

TerryP

Ivory Club
E7T2NZUWEAI_IMs

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
You wanted to read about Texas arrogance? Give this article a spin.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club

The perfect "It's not me, it's you" breakup letter.

TerryP

Ivory Club

BUT, he used words like "inelasticity" and phrases like "disingenuous machinations of the NCAA."

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club

Texas is Auburn or UGA with money and not quite as good at football.

XXL TideFan

Seer
Bama Club

What a gas bag! It will be fun watching them get bruised.

Top Bottom