| RECRUIT Ty Simpson ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ QB To Bama: (ESPN Updates Simpson as #1 Dual threat in the country.)

12gage

Century Club
“Clemson is like the Disney World of college football, and I know I could go there and do well, but Alabama is different. When people have the chance to go play at Alabama, their eyes light up and it is just different.

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
If there was any questions as to how well Saban would adapt to "Covid Recruiting", I think they've all been answered.

He may be on the biggest recruiting heater of all time.... ALL TIME (Kanye Voice)

Amazes me how he just keeps adapting, improving, and getting ahead of the all these cats who's main goal is to take him down. 🐐

TerryP

Ivory Club
Seen this kid play a few times last season and this season. Stud. His team isn’t great but he dominates. Dad is the coach at UT Martin ...
IT's easy to get caught up in "he's a football coach's son" when talking about "football IQ." How much stock do we put in that? Jalen's dad was a coach and it took him a minute to acclimate to the collegiate game. When it comes to the position he looks like he has a nice, compact, and quick release. You can see in his highlight videos that he keep his eyes downfield in spite of the pressure he's getting. (HORRIBLE offensive line he was behind.) That's led him to be forced out of the pocket, a lot, so you're seeing a lot of bootlegs and roll outs.

His footwork needs some coaching but that's a goal that's attainable.

On another note: "He looks like Aaron Rodgers" and "he looks like Brett Favre." I'm telling ya, I find these comparisons tiring.

Rolltide24

Century Club
IT's easy to get caught up in "he's a football coach's son" when talking about "football IQ." How much stock do we put in that? Jalen's dad was a coach and it took him a minute to acclimate to the collegiate game. When it comes to the position he looks like he has a nice, compact, and quick release. You can see in his highlight videos that he keep his eyes downfield in spite of the pressure he's getting. (HORRIBLE offensive line he was behind.) That's led him to be forced out of the pocket, a lot, so you're seeing a lot of bootlegs and roll outs.

His footwork needs some coaching but that's a goal that's attainable.

On another note: "He looks like Aaron Rodgers" and "he looks like Brett Favre." I'm telling ya, I find these comparisons tiring.

I hear you, I agree on the coaches son thing. Doesn’t hurt to grow up the son of a coach, but doesn’t guarantee anything. What about his older sister being engaged to an NFL lineman, does that add to his potential? 😂

I understand that Nick is really involved in recruiting but it sounds like he really did pull up a chair on the recruitment of this QB. Did BoB need the help to land this guy or does Nick believe this QB is a must have. Trying to keep two really good QB's on a roster is hard and might get even more difficult.

mando

Sideline Club
I understand that Nick is really involved in recruiting but it sounds like he really did pull up a chair on the recruitment of this QB. Did BoB need the help to land this guy or does Nick believe this QB is a must have. Trying to keep two really good QB's on a roster is hard and might get even more difficult.
Honestly this is one thing that separates Saban. He has done this in a very difficult situation with Hurts and Tua in the past. I think because he is straight up with players they trust he is going give each of them a fair shot so it is under their control but it will be earned. What else can anyone ask for?

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Also note that in 98% of the cases where a QB does transfer from UA they still have nothing but positive things to say about the process

IMO this reinforces the idea that CNS is very straightforward with these guys and everything in on the table from the beginning

TerryP

Ivory Club
I've covered this within the thread but there are three coaches that are involved here. Graham opened the door because of Pruitt being fired, O'Brien comes in with a track record that impresses, and at that point it was really over. Coach Saban came in and closed the deal and you've seen how in the video released.

Without Pruitt being fired just never happens. Tennessee is a gift that keeps on giving.

mando

Sideline Club
Without Pruitt being fired just never happens. Tennessee is a gift that keeps on giving.
So this leads me to ask, what was the lure to reasonably consider the Viles other than Graham? Nothing that Bama offers in terms of development and NFL path could have been said had he gone to UT under Pruitt. What is/was it about Graham that would have overcome all the other problems of going to UT? How could Pruitt have sold to him a path that showed value to go to UT?

TerryP

Ivory Club
So this leads me to ask, what was the lure to reasonably consider the Viles other than Graham? Nothing that Bama offers in terms of development and NFL path could have been said had he gone to UT under Pruitt. What is/was it about Graham that would have overcome all the other problems of going to UT? How could Pruitt have sold to him a path that showed value to go to UT?
The relationship with his father.

I'm not saying you, but a lot don't understand the relationship between coaches. O'Brien did a hell of a job here but this was all about Graham to begin with.

mando

Sideline Club
The relationship with his father.

I'm not saying you, but a lot don't understand the relationship between coaches. O'Brien did a hell of a job here but this was all about Graham to begin with.
I understand relationships but at some point it has to be a business decision. I would assume his Dad and even Graham would understand that but of course the situation changed when Pruitt was let go. Any thoughts if Graham would have been a coach at Bama if it were not for this kid? I sure hope that is not the case.

Last edited: