| RECRUIT Ty Simpson ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ QB To Bama: (ESPN Updates Simpson as #1 Dual threat in the country.)

18Champs

Century Club
The overall pull in this recruitment seems to be moving away from Clemson football and that can be seen in the Tigers’ interest in another 4-star QB

Yet, the crystal balls have started to trend away from Clemson. Wiltfong, who had his prediction in for the Tigers in January, has dropped his confidence level to a one, on a scale of 1-10, which indicates a 50/50 battle.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Yet, the crystal balls have started to trend away from Clemson. Wiltfong, who had his prediction in for the Tigers in January, has dropped his confidence level to a one, on a scale of 1-10, which indicates a 50/50 battle.

If the confidence level is 1 of 10, how is it a 50/50 battle?

Bama has also picked up a pair of crystal ball projections in the last two days, making this a fascinating recruiting battle between blue-blood programs.

Because that first paragraph has as much truth in it as the one above; blue blood and Clemson? Uh, no.

The arms race in college football is for real and in the recruiting class of 2022, it’s playing out in real-time as Alabama football tries to nab Ty Simpson away from Clemson.
Nab? Right. :rolleyes:

Saw this on the rant....it appears most are reversing course and changing to Bama and the flatbill (I assume)

Quote........

Anna Hickey on Simpson:

quote:
This morning, I flipped my Crystal Ball to Alabama after holding out on Clemson this past month. I originally entered my Clemson Crystal Ball back in October. Information I've been told has consistently been that Clemson has led and would be the pick unless something changed. However, I'm not sure something actually changed or that's the desired effect, but nonetheless it looks like it'll be Alabama instead of Clemson this afternoon. In other words, I'm not sure Clemson has actually "led" the whole time. I don't know that Clemson isn't a little surprised at how this one has unfolded.

Tim Watts just put in an official CB for Simpson to Alabama.

TerryP

Ivory Club
I originally entered my Clemson Crystal Ball back in October. Information I've been told has consistently been that Clemson has led and would be the pick unless something changed. However, I'm not sure something actually changed or that's the desired effect, but nonetheless it looks like it'll be Alabama instead of Clemson this afternoon.

Something has changed and she's either choosing to ignore the obvious or she's just oblivious.

Back in the early fall it was a Tennessee versus Clemson battle with UA in a close third. Then we had the Pruitt ordeal at UT followed by Jay Graham joining the Tide staff. That's what's changed.

I'm going to go with "oblivious" here if she didn't know of the friendship between Ty's father—Jason Simpson, head coach at UT Martin—and Graham. I can't go with "oblivious" when it comes to Clemson turning up the heat on Cade Klubnik, a lower ranked QB prospect. I mean, my gawd, she covers Clemson's recruiting and missed that?!?!

1CrimsonTider

Registered
Found this on Rivals this morning. Thoughts?

2. Ty Simpson will pick Clemson Friday.

NATL
ST
POS
TY
SIMPSON
UNDECIDED
6'2" | 185 LBS | PRO QB | 2022
WESTVIEW
MARTIN, TN

Farrell’s take: FACT. I said FICTION last week when we debated whether he was a lock to Clemson and I still think this is up in the air. In the end his very early interest in Clemson will win out over his renewed interest in Alabama. The stability of the staff at Clemson is key and choosing Alabama with a new offense is likely less comfortable for him.

Gorney’s take: FACT. This is a very tough call because Alabama would make sense as well and there is a minority of people that also believe Tennessee could pull the major surprise but I’m going to stick with Clemson as my choice. Simpson has a great relationship with that coaching staff and there has been stability there. Clemson has been the frontrunner for some time and I’m sticking with that pick.

Something has changed and she's either choosing to ignore the obvious or she's just oblivious.

Back in the early fall it was a Tennessee versus Clemson battle with UA in a close third. Then we had the Pruitt ordeal at UT followed by Jay Graham joining the Tide staff. That's what's changed.

I'm going to go with "oblivious" here if she didn't know of the friendship between Ty's father—Jason Simpson, head coach at UT Martin—and Graham. I can't go with "oblivious" when it comes to Clemson turning up the heat on Cade Klubnik, a lower ranked QB prospect. I mean, my gawd, she covers Clemson's recruiting and missed that?!?!

She needs to get back into the kitchen and fix us a ham sandwich

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Farrell has "ham" locked up and all to himself.

You see what he wrote about Tua the other day? basically said he's always been overrated and has weak arm strength. Ha Ha, you were right about him, he's just a little baby. He still stumps for Lawrence simply because he gushed over him for years. He used Lawrence to mask his love for Josh Rosen, and while Lawrence played pretty good, he didn't win a Heisman and failed to win the Natty as he matured and "got better".

TideatMileHigh

Sideline Club
You see what he wrote about Tua the other day? basically said he's always been overrated and has weak arm strength. Ha Ha, you were right about him, he's just a little baby. He still stumps for Lawrence simply because he gushed over him for years. He used Lawrence to mask his love for Josh Rosen, and while Lawrence played pretty good, he didn't win a Heisman and failed to win the Natty as he matured and "got better".

Sports journalists are some of the biggest low IQ scum hacks that society has to offer. Just recently Collin Cowherd was dogging Tua in one of his segments, while just one year ago he was kissing his ass saying he was going to be the next great thing in the NFL.

mando

Sideline Club
These guys have to get eyes on their articles so they can justify their paycheck. Controversy and talks of flipping or a battle between gets eyes. Follow the $$.

Oh and on the specific topic, if he is a stud my money is on Saban!!!!

Rolltide24

Century Club
Seen this kid play a few times last season and this season. Stud. His team isn’t great but he dominates. Dad is the coach at UT Martin and I believe his grandad on his mom’s side played in the league. Lot of football in the family, even more than those connections. Around here they say he’s the highest rated QB prospect from the state in decades. TN has been in a long QB drought...

TerryP

Ivory Club
A few weeks ago he was on the phone with the Alabama staff discussing two things; which number he might wear and who his room mates could be. And here's yet another reason why Farrell entertains:

Farrell’s take: FACT. I said FICTION last week when we debated whether he was a lock to Clemson and I still think this is up in the air. In the end his very early interest in Clemson will win out over his renewed interest in Alabama. The stability of the staff at Clemson is key and choosing Alabama with a new offense is likely less comfortable for him.

Gorney’s take: FACT. This is a very tough call because Alabama would make sense as well and there is a minority of people that also believe Tennessee could pull the major surprise but I’m going to stick with Clemson as my choice. Simpson has a great relationship with that coaching staff and there has been stability there. Clemson has been the frontrunner for some time and I’m sticking with that pick.

Simpson today in an interview with Chad Simmons of ... yep, Rivals.

“On February 1, I knew it was Alabama for me."