| NEWS Two HS football players suspended for running onto the field, on 9/11, with flags that honored the police and the fire department."

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Two HS players at Little Miami HS were suspended indefinitely for carrying the “thin blue line” and “thin red line” flags before their football game last Friday night. It seems that the superintendent didn’t want them “to make a political statement” by running on to the field before their kickoff on 9/11, yet, he “makes a political statement” with his decision. 🤔

I put this in the Coronavirus thread but thought it was probably worthy of its own thread.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
As I said the lawyer that was last in his class could make a small fortune off of that school board. Don't care who you are Freedom of Speech is the law DAMIT.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
If the school allowed others with opposing political stances to run on the field then school will be sued to shat and back. If not lawyer ain’t gonna be able to do much

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I read where their suspension has been lifted; the parents could take the high road and move on.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... They could some kind of BLM banner or the like and have someone run on the field with it. That school system would have a really tough time winning the pr spin that would occur after that kid was suspended.

The aforementioned halfass lawyer could have a field day with the double standard.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
They were suspended from practice until the school investigated. Its been big news here in our state. Why would anyone have to investigate players running onto the field with a thin blue line flag and thin red line flag. This country is in a mess. The school administration and school board should be embarrassed at what they did. In MY OPINION this is SO WRONG!

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Public education is already taking a lot of criticism for "indoctrinating these students with Leftist ideals and brainwashing". I haven't experienced or seen it firsthand, but it is being put out there. The superintendent could've squashed that with allowing the flags to fly for the 9/11 night.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score

The majority of your rural areas are still pretty conservative with living and life in general. Some of the things that I hear at state meeting from larger school districts is amazing. In some places, public education needs the criticism but overall, I think we are doing a good job because we are required to educate everyone.

ElephantStomp

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
Stupid. That school board is dumb as all get out.

Eliminate politics and the environment going on. On 9/11 they wanted to support the firefighters and cops that died trying to save people and they get suspended..... this country is turning to shit.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
dont you think the Little Miami statement clarified the incident...
And really...country is not "going toshit". Thereis just shit happening by shit head people that has people in charge that have no backbone to stand up to what’s happening...
I remember in the 60s people saying...."America is going To shit".... with warandwar protest....... the freedoms sometimes work against the freedoms

Top Bottom