NEWS TV / Radio / Pod coverage of the national championship game.

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
I've seen a few different ones here and there. We'll sticky this one, and compile as we go if you're looking for something to watch/listen to for the weekend.

Here's one for the background—audio/podcast from Standford Steve and the Bear from ESPN.

National Championship Preview
Stanford Steve and the Bear discuss the National Title game including their money line picks, individual player prop-bets and much more.

National Championship Preview

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
ESPN's coverage begins at 1:30 ET—College Football Live.
College GameDay starts at 3:00 ET.
Time to eat: PTI is in for an hour.
Championship Drive leads into the game coverage—it starts at 6:00.

Over on ESPN 2 they're staring with studio coverage leading into their multi-cast.

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
SEC Nation starts at 6:00 ET.
Thinking Out Loud will have game coverage.

Of note, SEC Now is one after the game. You'll want to catch their coverage.

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION

• Nearly 20 Hours of Live Coverage from Santa Clara
  • Thinking Out Loud returns to MegaCast
With top-ranked Alabama playing in its fourth College Football Playoff National Championship, SEC Network will feature nearly 20 hours of studio analysis and in-game reaction surrounding the Crimson Tide’s quest for their third CFP title.

SEC Nation Presented by AT&T and SEC Now will wrap up their 2018-19 coverage of SEC football, including several editions of SEC Now over the days leading up to game day from SEC Network sets at Levi’s Stadium and downtown Santa Clara.

Friday
SEC Now kicks off the conversation on Friday, Jan. 4 at 7 p.m. ET from Plaza de Cesar Chavez. Dari Nowkhah, Greg McElroy and Gene Chizik will be on the desk Friday, breaking down the storylines heading into Championship Monday.

Saturday
Live coverage from Santa Clara begins Saturday at 11:30 a.m. with SEC Now from Media Day at the College Football Playoff National Championship, as the show will cover both Alabama and Clemson’s appearances at the event. Joining host Laura Rutledge will be SEC Network’s Tim Tebow, Marcus Spears and Lauren Sisler, as well as Greg McElroy and special guest, SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey.

Immediately following SEC Now, Alyssa Lang will host SEC Featured: Alabama at 2 p.m., which will showcase Alabama-focused features leading into Monday’s matchup. SEC Now will originate from SEC Network’s Charlotte studios beginning at 3 p.m. with host Peter Burns and college basketball analysts Antoine Walker and Andy Kennedy manning the desk throughout the day. The trio will recap Saturday’s SEC basketball action with additional reporting surrounding the CFP from the SEC Network set in Santa Clara.

Sunday
Laura Rutledge and Jordan Rodgers will take the reins Sunday for live coverage from the Coaches’ Press Conference on SEC Now at noon. Later that evening, Nowkhah, Chizik, Rodgers, McElroy, Marcus Spears, Tim Tebow and Paul Finebaum will all contribute to a two-hour edition of SEC Now at 7 p.m. from Plaza de Cesar Chavez, breaking down all the buildup to the national title game.

Monday
The Paul Finebaum Show will be live on Monday with a three-hour edition from the Champ Tailgate location at Levi’s Stadium, taking calls and providing analysis as the two teams prepare for kickoff. SEC Nation Presented by AT&T will take over the pre-game action at 6 p.m., with host Rutledge joined by regular SEC Nation deskmates and analysts Tebow, Spears and Finebaum, and reporter Lauren Sisler. Teaming up with the SEC Nation crew will be SEC Network analysts Chizik, McElroy and Rodgers providing additional pre-game insight.

Thinking Out Loud makes its CFP National Championship debut following a successful CFP Semifinal appearance at the Capital One Orange Bowl. The trio of Spears, McElroy and Alyssa Lang will bring hijinks, highlights and hilarity, while offering astute analysis and reaction throughout the game. They will be joined by additional guests throughout the game, as they share a unique setup in a TV trailer at Levi’s Stadium. SEC Now will close out the night right after the final whistle with Rutledge, Spears, Tebow, Chizik and Rodgers.

SEC Network social and digital will provide on-site, behind-the-scenes coverage from the College Football Playoff National Championship. Fans can follow along with SEC Network on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, as well as at SECNetwork.com.

DateTime (ET)ProgrammingFri, Jan 47 p.m.SEC NowSat, Jan 511:30 a.m.SEC Now: Media Day2 p.m.SEC Featured: Alabama3 p.m.SEC NowSun, Jan 6NoonSEC Now: Coaches’ Press Conference7 p.m.SEC NowMon, Jan 73 p.m.The Paul Finebaum Show6 p.m.SEC Nation Presented by AT&T8:15 p.m.Thinking Out Loud: CFP National Championship Presented by AT&T 11:45 p.m.SEC Now

About SEC Network
The Southeastern Conference and ESPN launched SEC Network on August 14, 2014. The network televises over 45 SEC football games, 100 men’s basketball games, 60 women’s basketball games, 75 baseball games, and other events from across the SEC’s 21 sports annually. Programming includes in-depth analysis and storytelling in studio shows such as SEC Nation, Thinking Out Loudand Rally Cap, daily news and information with SEC Now, original content such as TrueSouth, SEC Storied and SEC Inside, and more. Hundreds of additional live events are available for streaming exclusively on SEC Network’s digital companion, SEC Network+, via the ESPN App and SECNetwork.com. The network is also available in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa via ESPN Player, ESPN’s sports streaming service in the region.

Last edited:

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
HARRY'S
OK! I think I ask this last year game, but for this guy. What would be the best pregame show to watch? These are the channels I know I will be getting in the room. ESPN,ESPN2, Sport South, SEC Network, and the other SEC Network. But when the game is on I will only be watching The Game.

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
@rick4bama, I"ll end up flipping back and forth. GameDay at 3 is a definite. SEC Nation at 6 is as well. I'll likely jump over to ESPN 2 when PTI is on.

I'm hoping they record new episodes of some of the podcast Monday morning. JPW is on Dari and Mel this morning. That's probably a pretty good listen. It's already available.

I'm assuming you have a ESPN account, right? Those are free.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
HARRY'S
@rick4bama, I"ll end up flipping back and forth. GameDay at 3 is a definite. SEC Nation at 6 is as well. I'll likely jump over to ESPN 2 when PTI is on.

I'm hoping they record new episodes of some of the podcast Monday morning. JPW is on Dari and Mel this morning. That's probably a pretty good listen. It's already available.

I'm assuming you have a ESPN account, right? Those are free.
Well you do know I rent a room so I will be able to watch the game. If I try watching at home, it would freeze on me. Thanks for the inform.

Anybody know a good place to watch the game in Biloxi? I’ve been here for a couple of years, but don’t get out much because work is so busy. I think it would be fun to watch with a bunch of people.

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
ADMINISTRATION
HARRY'S
Anybody know a good place to watch the game in Biloxi? I’ve been here for a couple of years, but don’t get out much because work is so busy. I think it would be fun to watch with a bunch of people.
Stationed there? I was there for a few months in the Training Triangle area back in 93. Good times.

Stationed there? I was there for a few months in the Training Triangle area back in 93. Good times.
I am stationed here...been a decent place. Super busy base!!

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
ADMINISTRATION
HARRY'S
They haven't updated the calendar in 7 years, but might be worth a try to reach out to them.

MS Gulf Coast Alabama Alumni Chapter

They haven't updated the calendar in 7 years, but might be worth a try to reach out to them.

MS Gulf Coast Alabama Alumni Chapter
Thanks for the tip...couldn’t even get the site to open haha! I’ll keep looking...

Top Bottom