| OT Tua's Family for Tulsi

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score

I'm a little behind here, but kind of an interesting topic... More political but clearly relevant to Alabama football.

How did you feel about Tua's dad wearing the hat? I thought I noticed during the game that Tulsi G was sitting behind them, but recently confirmed on twitter that she was indeed at the game... And tweeting a lot of pro Tua and Alabama football support.

FTR I'm a non affiliate. I actually like her as a person and think she has some decent political ideas... No idea how I'm voting yet. But in general:

How do you feel about Tua's pops making a concerted effort to jump into the political forum? And let me say this - I think he was shown less in that game than any other "big" game I can remember... Probably because of the hat. I think it's pretty obvious that most Alabama fans are conservatives and would prefer him to be wearing a red hat - But Tua and his family are such a force in Alabama, that I don't even think Alabama fans can hate on them. It's actually kind of cool that Tua & Family have the power to overcome that type of difference... Just my 2 cents.

RTR

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score

I'm a little behind here, but kind of an interesting topic... More political but clearly relevant to Alabama football.

How did you feel about Tua's dad wearing the hat? I thought I noticed during the game that Tulsi G was sitting behind them, but recently confirmed on twitter that she was indeed at the game... And tweeting a lot of pro Tua and Alabama football support.

FTR I'm a non affiliate. I actually like her as a person and think she has some decent political ideas... No idea how I'm voting yet. But in general:

How do you feel about Tua's pops making a concerted effort to jump into the political forum? And let me say this - I think he was shown less in that game than any other "big" game I can remember... Probably because of the hat. I think it's pretty obvious that most Alabama fans are conservatives and would prefer him to be wearing a red hat - But Tua and his family are such a force in Alabama I don't even think Alabama fans can hate on them. It's actually kind of cool that Tua & Family have the power to overcome that type of difference... Just my 2 cents.

RTR
I definitely thought it was different than anything else I have come to expect from their family. I have ZERO issue with this because they are expressing their freedoms respectfully and not shoving it down the throats of everyone around them. I'm not on Twitter, so therefor a give zero effs about what is posted there, but from everything I have seen and heard the hat was the loudest statement they made, and I can respect that. I'm as conservative on the political spectrum as they come, but have no problem with folks supporting their causes, especially when they can do it in a respectful way.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
My papaw P was a die hard southern democrat and my papaw W was a die hard dixie republican

I loved them both

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Really dont care........ like @BamaFan334 ......
And if one wore a TRUMP hat.....they should feel same,...
Their right....some think the division weakens America....
I think it make us stronger....
Until one starts to ban the opponents from restaurants, or spits on opponents or such.... support who you want...be respectful

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Sorry, He can support anyone he want!

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I don't really understand the question of "how do we feel" about it? Why should we care? Who Galu Tagovailoa supports for president has absolutely no baring on me in any way, shape, form or fashion. Everyone here knows I cannot stand Donald Trump but I also don't care if Jerry Jeudy's mom is a Trump supporter. Has no affect on my life at all nor will it make me cheer for him any less.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I don't really understand the question of "how do we feel" about it? Why should we care? Who Galu Tagovailoa supports for president has absolutely no baring on me in any way, shape, form or fashion. Everyone here knows I cannot stand Donald Trump but I also don't care if Jerry Jeudy's mom is a Trump supporter. Has no affect on my life at all nor will it make me cheer for him any less.
Point noted, just wondering.

Usually when politics and sports collide, many have opinions. Not you... others.... lol

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
IMO, they can wear whatever political hat or party they decide to wear.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
I suppose in the polarized political climate today there are folks on both sides of the aisle that literally don't make a decision (where to buy milk, who serves your coffee, what shoes you wear, who bakes your wedding cake) without weighing the political side of it. I am thankful I am not one of those people.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Doesn't impact me what they wear.

What does get under my skin is when someone doesn't call someone by their title (ex-military in me - respect the rank). ;)

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
I am a centrist, so I do not care about that kind of thing.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Point noted, just wondering.

Usually when politics and sports collide, many have opinions. Not you... others.... lol
I mean, yeah I get that, but we're talking about Tua's DAD here. If it was Tua himself I could see it becoming more of an issue, but that's primarily because people freak out when their favorite athletes support politicians or politics that they themselves dont support. While I dont care if an athlete voices their opinion on politics myself, I get that people freak out about that. Again, though, this is an athletes father lol

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I suppose in the polarized political climate today there are folks on both sides of the aisle that literally don't make a decision (where to buy milk, who serves your coffee, what shoes you wear, who bakes your wedding cake) without weighing the political side of it. I am thankful I am not one of those people.
Oh no, you're def. on point there. Again, my political leanings and beliefs are very well known on here, but the people that you are describing their are super weird to me. I'm in a group on Facebook for comic collectors, sellers, buyers, etc. and one guy posts up screen shots of an interaction he had. He wanted to buy a certain comic someone was selling. The seller then proceeded to let him know that he had scanned through his timeline and since he was a Trump supporter wouldn't be selling to him. Like that is insanity to me but I thought okay thats just an outlier. It couldn't have been three days later someone else posted up screen shots where a guy wanted to buy something from a seller and the dude goes "I dont do business with liberal snowflakes" and then sent him a screenshot of something political he had shared. Like, people really let this stuff run their lives. It's nuts.

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
Had to google it to see who or what "Tulsi" meant/was. Not good with who's who in politics, they seem to all graze in the same pasture but eat different type of grass. Got no problem with Papa Tag wearing what he wants, like Mama Tag's shirt better though. :)

Top Bottom