| FTBL Tua forgoes last year of eligibility- entering the 2020 draft.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
If he doesn't win the starting role next year it won't matter... he'll transfer and use that RS year sitting. If he wins the starting job, he'll play 2 to 3 years and go pro. So really, it' means little that he played 5 games this year.

Last edited:

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Jones has 2 years of Eligibility left. Taulia has 3 years with a RS year too. Technically, as long as he only plays 4 games he'll have 2 years of eligibility left when Macs runs out... however, I don't think Taulia or Mac is going to be able to hold off Bryce for 3 years anyway...

We'll see. I've not seen enough of Taulia development to know how he's progressed and I have no idea how well Bryce will be either... I'm only pulling from what others have said in regards to Bryce.

I do know that Mac is perfectly capable of running this offense and winning game/championships, so regardless of who the starter is the next few years I think we'll be in good hands.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
One thing that I am getting some enjoyment out of is watching Boz squirm on that rathole SECrant. Yeah Im an ass but I just don't like that guy lol

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I would agree with that. I'm very confident with Mac at the helm... So if Bryce or TT beats him out, they will have to be really good.

I just think it was a complete mismanagement to have to play him in a 5th game to throw 12 total passes. I understand the Western Carolina game, even if I don't agree with it, but to get to that point is head scratching. Especially with Tyson on the roster if the concern was getting Mac hurt earlier in the season. 🤷‍♂️

To put it lightly - The juice wasn't worth the squeeze. That rule was literally put in place for that exact situation.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I don't get it... Either you see him as a liar or a reliable source. Either way, this far along, what is the surprise? If you're going to clown the guy for getting something wrong, are you going to give him credit when he's right? Either way I'm rarely surprised

No one could have known what Tua was going to do for sure. The folks on this board thought there was a legit chance he would come back... Sounds like Tua could have changed his mind along the way.

Heck - Even looking at Ruggs - At this point I would not be surprised at all either way. He could be waffling himself, given how long it's taken!!

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
lol Most of the time I just like clowning him for the sake of it but I honestly think he is 100% full of crap and just repeats things he sees on other boards (especially BOL).

A lot of people thought Tua was coming back (Terry, Greg McElroy, etc.) but he flat out said "Tua told the coaches he is coming back" like on Friday lol It's that kind of stuff and the fact that a lot of times when he shares his "insider info" he'll throw out every side of it (he's going, now I hear he's staying, etc. etc.) just so he can say he was right regardless.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
The MSU game would have been the "mistake" if it is one... he only handed the ball off at the end of the game. In my opinion, that is a waste and should have gone to Paul if needed to preserve Taulia's RS or they should have let Taulia have a few passing plays to help him get some in game reads and decision making... but I think the coaches know the RS is pointless in this case and I would think Taulia knows that to. I don't think there was/is any harm done.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
I knew he was full of shit back when he said one of our QBs was played in a game with a fever of 105+ years ago. He insisted on it and double/tripled down on that line. Being a former Athletic Trainer, I know that is complete bullshit. At 105 degree, you're heading to the hospital not playing a football game. He's so full of it I just take anything and everything he has to say as complete and utter nonsense. There is no point to give him any credit or stance with any information he may spew out of stupid mouth... The guy is a complete and utter fraud (getting the point on how I feel about him yet?).

As for Tua and people thinking he was coming back, I'm sure it was a close decision and could have gone either way. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Saban helped them (encouraged them) to come to the decision to go Pro...

Last edited:

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Just as an aside, Tua signed with the same agency that represents Mahomes, among others.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
OK all you Tua is bringing the band back folks, Here is an accessory you need. Can be bought on Ebay for $19.95

CRIMSON COLORED GLASSES.

Bama Club
Reaction score
Just saw GMac on F'baum sounds like he hears Miami takes him at #5 barring the Chargers trading up.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
d
There was.
As of two days ago I was sure he was coming back. Source A, Source B, and Source C = verified kind of sure based on who they are. Simple.

"He's going to be a high NFL pick."

There's the news that's caught the attention. It influenced. This pitch, as I understand it, was top five. What I find ironic is the tweet earlier today is with Brando speaking of a #4 selection. Tua wanted one thing and that's where he's been the last week. He's said as much.

There's that NFL source pushing he's a top pick with the unknown. That's where it ended.

Top Bottom