| FTBL Tua forgoes last year of eligibility- entering the 2020 draft.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Two teams are ahead of Miami. Cincinnati and Washington. Cincinnati more than likely going with Joe B. So Washington? Unless have a lot of trading going on.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
Two teams are ahead of Miami. Cincinnati and Washington. Cincinnati more than likely going with Joe B. So Washington? Unless have a lot of trading going on.

No way is Tua going in the 1st 12-14 selections with this injury....Tampa is in a position that might have them rolling the dice. You can bet all these teams are going deep into the injury and learn what they can before selecting. Hell Eddie Lacy dropped to round 2 over that toe issue and whether Dr Waldrip and his staff actually fused the toe.

Bama Club
Miami passed on D. Brees and look what he has done at the Saints. Miami and SD amongst others are in need of a QB I'm betting he goes in the first half of the 1st round.

Last edited:

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
I honestly thought he would come back as well. I want to wish Tua the very best as he makes a run in the NFL. Thank you for contribution to the Bama team but most of all, thank you for your example to everyone. Refreshing to see a young man with this much class.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
I believe you are wrong there. If Miami does not take him I will be very surprised. They are in the perfect position to not only desire him enough to take him even with the injury but to have the space for him to take a year growing.

If he is their guy then they could trade down if someone wanted that slot and still get #13. JMO but the NFL teams are going to take a real deep dive into 13 injury reports on that hip.

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Glad Tua declared. As much as I loved seeing him don the Crimson and White, too much risk. I am sure he will be a first rounder and hopefully he drops down to late 1st round. Sure, less money but better situation for him. Hoping he gets and stays healthy and has a HoF type career.

94 Grad

Century Club
This actually is better for Taulia. If Tua returned it would give a year of development to Bryce and make it very difficult to beat him out. Going into next year Taulia as a much stronger chance to win the starting role with Bryce being a FR. In all honesty, I'm not sure either could take the starting role away from Mac at this point. It'll be interesting to see how that all plays out. We have a QB competition for next year that will be with 3 very strong QBs.

94 Grad

Century Club
I honestly believe others may try to trade up for him. There is a lot of need and teams will take some huge chances for that kind of talent.
I agree... if you need a QB he's as good a pick at 4-6 as he would be at 10-16. It just depends on who wants to trade what to get him. If he progresses well on the recovery he'll be a hot commodity... but there is still a long way for him to go to get there. Time will tell...

Good luck to Tua!

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
This actually is better for Taulia. If Tua returned it would give a year of development to Bryce and make it very difficult to beat him out. Going into next year Taulia as a much stronger chance to win the starting role with Bryce being a FR. In all honesty, I'm not sure either could take the starting role away from Mac at this point. It'll be interesting to see how that all plays out. We have a QB competition for next year that will be with 3 very strong QBs.

Taulia.... Despite getting 4 free games to play with, somehow the staff found a way to burn a year of his eligibility. Unfortunate for his long term outlook in college football, whether here or elsewhere.

Top Bottom