| FTBL Tua forgoes last year of eligibility- entering the 2020 draft.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
If he goes it would be completely understandable but sure would be nice to see one more year tossing it around for bama. Roll Tide Tua no matter what you decide young man.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
if I remember correctly, both Hightower and Barron came back another year due to some injury concerns and it paid off huge for those Alabama defenses, as well as their draft status. Hightower was a late 1st rounder and Barron was a top 10 pick.

Getting those talented experienced guys back is so huge for a Championship run. I look at Devonta Smith as one of those guys if Ruggs is leaving. With Waddle & Mechie on board, he could be the difference maker between a good and great offensive season. Regardless of QB.

Now I look at Moses as the biggest deal of anyone. Tua included. This whole legal thing has thrown me for a loop, but losing him would be a huge blow.

ElephantStomp

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
If I was Tua I’d go. Don’t get me wrong I’d love for him to come back, but that’s for selfish reasons.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
[rant: not directed at you but at the narrative]

Who cares why you want him to return? More importantly, why is it even an issue or point of discussion?

You want to see him play another year at Bama. We all do. It's not selfish by any means. It's almost infuriating to see people tell others "you're being selfish if you want him to return." Geez. You enjoyed watching him play. You like what he brings to the team from his talent standpoint. You like him as a "face" of the players. You like the way he represents UA.

Now, all of a sudden, simply because you'd like for something to happen that you'll enjoy you're selfish?

At the club house yesterday evening I had a fan tell me I was being selfish for wanting to see him play at Bama next season. I told him, and I quote, "you can take your self-righteous indignation and stick it up your ass. The fact I like something and want to see more doesn't make me selfish. It's a result of being a fan of Tua."
/rant

Obligatory "just my opinion."

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of talking about players and their lives while they are attending Bama. NML, and his dailance with a player girlfriend was something I knew about when he was here but not something I talked about until he left. DJ Hall, and the academic plagiarism and cheating when he was in school...didn't mention it until he left.

Now, in this case? I'll put it this way...it'll be the spring of 2023 before I'll feel comfortable, personally, about influences and influencers.

BUT, that's just me. As stated, I'm not a fan of slamming current players. When they leave school and are in the "real world" like the rest of us...that dynamic changes. I'm of the opinion an adult talking about an adult and career choices are different than adult vs student athlete.

I'm glad you brought him up.

I'm sure you've seen a lot of people say "he's holding a press conference therefore Tua is leaving." Dont'a did the same to announce he was returning.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Honestly, call me selfish. I want to see one full year of healthy Tua as a starter at Bama. I have my doubts it will happen (about 5 hours until I find out if it is even possible) but it is what it is.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I won't be watching the presser: good either way. But based on the conversations yesterday I'm with you.

I can not put myself in his shoes. I don't know what it's like to grow up in a family that makes decisions like they do. I do have thoughts on whether they should pay attention to what Tua wants versus what others do ... but, it's not my life, family, or decision, ya know?

Personally, it comes down to this. I don't see much possibility of seeing him play football anymore other than the occasional highlight.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
The more he speaks, the more you know. IF he was assured a #4 pick there wouldn't be a decision to make.

Reaction score
If #13 does elect to go to the NFL it is very possible that Bama might lose more than just one QB from the same family. I really don't care since like most of you I assumed #13 was going pro after this season had it not had this terrible injury. I am back at 2008 and in have no problem having another game manager with #10 that throws the ball pretty good. JMO the biggest problem that lies ahead for Bama is on the defensive side of the ball. We're in trouble over their as far as players and coaching. #32 coming back is a big deal (if that actually happens).

Wishing #13 and all his family all the very best for they gave Bama 3 great years.

utstnx

TIDE FOR LIFE
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Tua has removed QB at UA from his Instagram Bio. :(o_O:eek::poop:

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
What time is this supposedly going down? 11 EST?

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
I really don’t understand the folks worried about this one or another. Tua has been a model kid with great talent who delivered an NC. He took us back to another nc game and his done it right. If he stays I am happy to have him if he goes he proves Bama is a great place to go, play an, get lots of attention and get a big contract.
We win either way and the kid who did it right gets what he wants.
No reason to be anxious, just be excited for him either way.

Top Bottom