| FTBL Tua forgoes last year of eligibility- entering the 2020 draft.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
The fact that he announced he will make a decision on the 6th means he is announcing then. You don't announce a date for deciding if you haven't already decided. Otherwise he is just going to be bombarded on that date with requests. And of course if he did not decide on that date he would face backlash. Is it possible he isn't announcing then? Sure. But extremely doubtful.

RoeTied

Century Club
Reaction score
X is gone, I think. One player I’m curious about now is Ruggs. It’s been said he’s been on the fence, and was seriously considering returning with Smitty and co. But with the concussion, does that change his mindset on returning/leaving at all?

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
@50+yeartidefan , I’m with you in your thinking. If he and some of the other juniors decide to stay, I’ll be happy and should they go, I’ll be happy for Tua and any others. We don’t know each one’s personal upbringing, but we do know the chance to make millions in one rookie contract often outweighs what the fans and experts think.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Talk about splitting hairs.... I'm just happy when they don't use double negatives.

I think his intention of the statement is that he's making his decision public on the 6th. You're free to make any other interpretation you choose since his choice of words was not as clear as it could have been.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I see it as the media jumping on something that was tweeted and perhaps they've set the wrong expectation.

That being said, I'm happy to be wrong on this. Just calling out, people have interpreted what he said to mean something different.

I don't know about you. But I hate when my words are misrepresented.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Oh, you can 100% guarantee that if Tua decides to stay you will see a bombardment of "he should have" takes on radio, TV and print of all these people that somehow know better than the athletes, coaches or families of every player. It's one of those things that I will never be comfortable with when it comes to media. It's all about hot takes and clout chasing IMO. You mentioned everyone wanting the players to make money, 90% of these people do not care about that. They're clout chasing and just want people to hear them, retweet them, click on their videos/articles, etc.

Whether he goes or stays, the amount of people - and this goes for people outside of the media for sure, too - that believe they have the answers and THEY know what's best is so infuriating to me.

Julio.

jdpas29

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
I think he could sit out for a calendar year Undrafted and get well without risking his body further at Bama and still probably go in the first round next year. Other than wanting to win it all for Bama or academic work, I don’t know what would make him want to stay.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
On Tua.... Good point in the other thread by @Bamaclam. He could stay and never even play next year. The rehab for that injury is a long process... Who knows how long?

But if/when he stays, that leaves 5 scholarship QB's. Right?

1. Tua
2. Mac
3. Lia
4. Young
5. Tyson

A very knowledgeable poster on here ;) had mentioned the possibility of Mac transferring if Tua came back. I wouldn't blame him, especially with his recent graduation. It seems highly unlikely that 1(or more) of those guys wouldn't be leaving. If Tua indeed goes, things get a lot less complicated.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
You're right that he could sit out and probably still be a Top 25 type of pick but it would def. be more than just wanting to win another ring or graduating. Those questions about his health are going to linger and whether he is "injury prone" regardless, but if he sits out the year it's going to be even worse. He could go a long way with that by coming back and showing that he is tough and that he won't be injury prone in the NFL. OR he could come back, tear his ACL in fall camp and further cause himself issues. Double edged sword.

Reaction score
How about this one

The Boz at the rant say

quote...……..
Aside from Tua talking to family and the different sources that have told me he is coming back.

Tua just informed the coaches he is coming back.

Top Bottom