| CURRENT EVENTS Trump vs the Democrats. I'm hearing the word "coup" a lot here lately describing the efforts made by the D's to win the election.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
. My Dad collected old tools, and he had an old Crescent-style wrench from Buffum Tools from the early 1900's. Their tradmark was a swastika, had it on all of their tools.
Do you still have them?
I would think some have been sold as old Nazi memorabilia, right?
Quick google on the company name revealed Louisiana, Missouri.

Yep, location checks.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@It Takes Eleven, on another note.

I will vote against this Governor, whose substance can only be described as pusillanimous, for what's been a HUGE fuck up with this storm. Noon, yesterday, coming off of I-26 to head to Ladson/Trident Hospital/Charleston Southern exit, right? I'm directed into the left lane requiring a trip to exit 187/Ridgeville only to turn around and take 78 back to the correct street. Think about that for a second and then ...

..saw, at most, 30 vehicles on that trip. Now, the other side had about twice as much traffic, Tim. It was comparable to a Monday morning at 3AM.

ʇɹɐɟɟıɔ ɾɐɯ

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Do you still have them?
I would think some have been sold as old Nazi memorabilia, right?
Quick google on the company name revealed Louisiana, Missouri.

Yep, location checks.
Yes, I still have all of everything - tools, knives, guns - just one of those tool brands, though. I have a cousin's kid who is into German military stuff who had hinted around wanting to get it, I initially said yes and just haven't followed up on it. I'd rather just keep it or sell it to an antique tool collector than have someone interested in Nazi sh!t having it.

RTR,

Tim

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Yes, I still have all of everything - tools, knives, guns - just one of those tool brands, though. I have a cousin's kid who is into German military stuff who had hinted around wanting to get it, I initially said yes and just haven't followed up on it. I'd rather just keep it or sell it to an antique tool collector than have someone interested in Nazi sh!t having it.

RTR,

Tim
"The interested in Nazi shit" thing isn't black and white to me. If you look at some people - the dude from Motorhead for example - that are just super history nerds and don't collect that stuff because they idolize Nazi's but just because they're really interested in WWII. I have probably two dozen books on WWII (and several on Nazi's specifically). I'll never forget the first time my wife and I went to Second and Charles together - when we were first dating - and I had a buggy full of WWII books and a few on Nazi's. She looked absolutely mortified and I had to explain quickly lol

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
"The interested in Nazi shit" thing isn't black and white to me. If you look at some people - the dude from Motorhead for example - that are just super history nerds and don't collect that stuff because they idolize Nazi's but just because they're really interested in WWII. I have probably two dozen books on WWII (and several on Nazi's specifically). I'll never forget the first time my wife and I went to Second and Charles together - when we were first dating - and I had a buggy full of WWII books and a few on Nazi's. She looked absolutely mortified and I had to explain quickly lol
I agree. I remain a huge student of military history, and in that vein you can't ignore the strategy, industry and early success of Nazi Germany. In the same manner, and a little closer to home, you can't dismiss the military and leadership prowess of Generals Thomas Jackson and Robert E. Lee. Ancestor blood and common soil make that a little stickier; however, it's clear that there are those who have an affinity for the Confederacy, and Nazi Germany, because of a racial or social stance. That, I cannot abide.

RTR,

Tim

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I agree. I remain a huge student of military history, and in that vein you can't ignore the strategy, industry and early success of Nazi Germany. In the same manner, and a little closer to home, you can't dismiss the military and leadership prowess of Generals Thomas Jackson and Robert E. Lee. Ancestor blood and common soil make that a little stickier; however, it's clear that there are those who have an affinity for the Confederacy, and Nazi Germany, because of a racial or social stance. That, I cannot abide.

RTR,

Tim
Oh, don't get me wrong, trust me, I know there are plenty of weirdos that love that stuff for reasons other than history. My wife's uncle practically has a Confederate fetish. At first I thought he was just a history buff but then my wife begged me not to go to his house when he invited us, and then I realized why. He was also a Nazi enthusiast, and not for history reasons...

Top Bottom