• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| RECRUIT Trendon Watford commits to LSU

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Where Henry wanted to attend school and where his father wanted him to attend school; that's the reference. Several people (I consider to be reputable) state that TW likes Bama but his "inner circle" is where he's feeling the pressure.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what Henry T situation is? I may be little lost.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Saw this while reading a Rivals article.

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I'm starting to raise my eyebrow at this kid...

Cool if we get him for a year, but I'm like "meh" if we don't land him.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
He had one scheduled date and postponed. Now, he's scheduled a new date and announced when, where, etc.
Just this past week he filmed his commitment video. Rumor(s) said he record four.
He knows where he's going. His family does as well. It doesn't go much further, if any, than that.

In a recruiting season where we're in such a whirlwind of rumors, accusations, testimonies, and the like is it possible his recruitment is a victim of fans' overreactions? I certainly am leaning that way. Some following mention observations like "Oats like his latest tweet." That's looking at things deeply but then again, would a coach do that if they didn't believe they were "still in it?"

Bama Club
Reaction score
I try to be optimistic but the way this has played out I don't see how he signs with us. I hope I'm wrong.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@#80, @Sgt. Lincoln Osiris, as I'm thinking about this more it really has played out the way it's been lain out. A few weeks ago we talked about watching where Precious would commit. Knowing he was headed there, it took Memphis (and those stories) out of the picture.

If he attends elsewhere people will move on to Rojas and then they'll be waiting to see if he qualifies.

*Other three all made it in.

12gage

Century Club
Reaction score
We're supposed to believe he has sources within the family when he hasn't demonstrated a source at Alabama?

Trendon Watford is leaving Alabama.

That’s my prediction. That’s not my wish. My wish for Watford, the best basketball player from Alabama since DeMarcus Cousins, is to stay home and play for one of the state’s basketball teams.

Auburn just went to the Final Four. Alabama fired Avery Johnson for not making the NCAA Tournament, so you know they’re committed to turning things around. Watford could make UAB a relevant basketball school again.

He’s not expected to go to any of those schools, though, based on what I’ve been told by sources close to the family. Alabama remains one of Watford’s finalists, so perhaps there is still a chance.

The 6-9 power forward will announce his commitment at Mountain Brook High School at 2:30 p.m. on Monday. In addition to Alabama, the three other schools in the running are Memphis, LSU and Indiana. My prediction is Memphis. It’s the smartest choice at this point.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score

All that being said, I'm not sure we've survived our last encounter with a one in doner in Collin Sexton. Now, this one and doner is having a stare down with LSU, that might as well have a neon sign outside the Maravich Center, "you play, we pay." I'll get over this one fast enough.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Notice such a definitive statement that's followed shortly by a conditional?

A difference there, you see, but there's another difference in what he's saying as well.

It's Mountain Brook, right? A place that you'll find rife with Alabama fans. It's a school you'll find students and parents that are friends with each other. I do find it noteworthy seeing people that know the Watford's say things like "not one coach from MB or his dad nor his family/friends etc have told me anything about where he is going and why the delay and all the build up."

Friend.
Family.
Father.
Trendon.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I'm throwing a viewing party over at Hooters in Conyers, Georgia if anyone wants to attend this world changing event.

Hope he chooses us, but lawd this has been played out.

Top Bottom