| RECRUIT Trendon Watford commits to LSU

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
It's been made into a soap opera, sure. We haven't seen any antics from the Watford camp that's made it such: it's been recruiting services, fans, and beat writers who have made into this spectacle.

And yes, I do care about this. He's a heck of a talent and to not want him part of the Tide makes little sense to me.

The funny thing to me is this. With soaps, you know what's going to happen M, and Tuesday, and Wednesday, as well as next week. And, like Trendon's recruitment, there's very little that's changed over the last few weeks. I've no problems sitting and waiting it out (as if I had a choice...but you know what I'm driving at here.)

It's my opinion that a commitment from Trendon would do the program well...that kind of announcement during the signing period will put the Tide's basketball program in the news cycle and that's never going to hurt.
Well I agree he would help the program fo sho. I just click on this thread every time it is in bold because I think we finally have a commitment from him to go wherever, only for it to be something prolonging it or a new source claiming this or that in an article. I just assumed it would have been answered by now.

In all honesty, it seems like LSU is the answer if he is waiting on the coaching situation and NCAA implications. Otherwise, why would he continue to wait it out? They are either your school and you want to see how it plays out, or you like the other two schools, have seen their cards, and make a decision. Alabama and Memphis have made their coaching changes and they have all been to see him.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Well I agree he would help the program fo sho. I just click on this thread every time it is in bold because I think we finally have a commitment from him to go wherever
If that were to happen one of us would edit the thread title to reflect breaking news. Which sort of goes back to my earlier comment about nothing really changing...just people throwing opinions out there.

. Otherwise, why would he continue to wait it out?
I don't know. Why do people decide it's okay to have a beer after 5 while some say wait until after noon? I have to wonder what good it does him to announce today versus a few days from now? Fan appeasement? Hell, for all we know there's instructions to hold off on the verbal...and let's not forget, he doesn't have to commit anywhere. He can simply enroll and it's done.

I don't know enough about how Oats and company handle announcement to know if delaying for publicity is something they consider. I'd certainly assume so.

Century Club
Reaction score
We are 9 days from the deadline I'm not sure this situation at LSU is going the be resolved by then.

Century Club
Reaction score
If he is not holding out for news on Wade the only other thing I can think of is hoping for an offer from Duke.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Seems Bama is playing second to the corndogs here. I can't fathom another reason why he is holding out so long. Can Wade really skate through this?

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
So how long does CNO hold a spot open?

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Has anyone considered that he's simply waiting for the highest bid? If this kid is seriously considering LSU right now, let this one and doner go. No one would be considering the tigers unless they too were waiting in the bread line.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
To land the state's top recruit in his first year here? CNO is going to a LOT more patient than the fans are.
I understand UA basketball is not UA football so Bama being a recruits backup plan (my perception) is understandable. Do you think CNO would have trouble getting another good recruit this late in the recruiting cycle otherwise he would have moved on?

Century Club
Reaction score
Two convicted in basketball scandal trial.

Sounds like S. Miller may keep his job so I would expect the corndogs to hang on to slimy W. Wade.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
That top ranked recruit in the state of Alabama hasn't worked to well for Bama over these past 4-6 years.
No, not really. You're right. Just...New hope with a new coach and the energy he's bringing.

@mando , I don't know. I really don't know. But if @#80 is correct, and Wade skates, this might all be irrelevant. I'd love to be wrong.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
So how could a head coach pay players not be fired and the school put on sanctions? I just don't see these guys skating without significant consequences at least to them personally.

Century Club
Reaction score
Do we get a decision between today and Wednesday?

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Do we get a decision between today and Wednesday?
As of two days ago he was still in contact with the coaching staff at Bama.

At this point all signs indicate it's a Henry T situation without the last chapter being written yet. (And the last chapter in Henry's book may still need to be written.)

colbyjacks

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Reaction score
As of two days ago he was still in contact with the coaching staff at Bama.

At this point all signs indicate it's a Henry T situation without the last chapter being written yet. (And the last chapter in Henry's book may still need to be written.)
That’s the 2nd time in the last week, I have heard a reference to Henry T. Is he having doubts about enrolling at Tennessee?

Top Bottom