| RECRUIT Trendon Watford commits to LSU

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I've moved on from him. I see few prospects available for Alabama to look at that might be better than Trendon at this point.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Indiana Basketball: Where Indiana stands with these recruits

Trendon Watford
The brother of Indiana great, Christian Watford, Trendon is one of the lone five-star recruits still available in the 2019 class. Indiana, who was rumored to have a ‘great’ in-home visit with Watford last Sunday, seem to trail Alabama and Memphis when it comes to his recruitment. Though he has LSU listed in final list as well, the FBI investigation may be too much to overcome for Will Wade.

Indiana has the need for scorers and playmakers on the wing, espeicailly with the uncertainty of Jerome Hunter, and Watford would be an impact player for Miller and the Hoosiers. The question is whether or not Watford will make another visit to Bloomington before he announced his commitment. I think he surprises some people with his choice.

Prediction: Alabama

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Jordan Brand Classic: Five-star Trendon Watford nearing decision

Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
That would seem to eliminate one of the 247 predictions.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I don't know, bro. My prediction would be as much of a guess as the ones we're seeing on 247. There's so many moving parts here, ya know?

We've talked about Wade and the questions about his future. I don't see that ending well.
He had the opportunity to spend more time with IU and has chosen not to do so.
With Memphis, we're also watching what happens with Precious Achiuwa (I've seen reports having the Tigers going with Precious and using TW as their fall back.)

Here's where I think it gets a little weird. With Bama we're looking at a new coach and a new staff yet it may be the safest choice of all.

Bama Club
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think the longer this drags out the less chance we have of signing him.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Now we have one of the Memphis writers with a CB pick to Bama.

"I’m hearing LSU from some, but I do believe some of that is circular. However, I’ve now heard Alabama from two people very close to this thing. I’m going with Bama because I’ve always said that the ties here are just so strong."

12gage

Century Club
Reaction score
I've not seen anything on Trendon's last day to commit. When is the signing periods last day?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Thanks for the date...crossed my mind earlier and I've been meaning to look up the recruiting calander. I"m fairly certain they're about to enter another restricted period.

As to the update I ran across this the other day from one of the Memphis outlets.

Trendon Watford
LSU retaining Will Wade changed the game for Memphis on several fronts. LSU has jumped back in front on Watford's recruitment after it appeared he was set on joining the Memphis Class of 2019. Alabama — his home state school — remains a possible destination after a Tide coaching change. There is no better example of how quickly a recruitment can change.

"After it appeared he was set on joining the Memphis class." I'm still of the mindset they missed the boat on that one. The latest Memphis talk, which included the surge in people saying he was going to play for the Tigers, followed a recent visit to the city of Memphis. Not the school. Yet, because he was there for a basketball game suddenly we started seeing people saying "Memphis, Memphis, Memphis."

The thing that I find a little troubling is what's going to happen to the reputation of Watford if he chooses to attend LSU. Whether it's on the up and up or it's a situation where money is changing hands...well, we don't know. What we do know is this. There will be a slew of fans around college basketball that'll be labeling him, his family, et. al. : paid.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Watford's likely a one and done, so I imagine he won't care about his rep if he's a first-round draft pick. Colin Sexton was rather quiet and/or disinterested when his name came up in money rumors earlier this school year. He's getting paid a truckload of money by Cleveland, which was always was his goal (though probably not the Cleveland part).

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Does anyone really truly even care about this anymore? What a soap opera.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
It's been made into a soap opera, sure. We haven't seen any antics from the Watford camp that's made it such: it's been recruiting services, fans, and beat writers who have made into this spectacle.

And yes, I do care about this. He's a heck of a talent and to not want him part of the Tide makes little sense to me.

The funny thing to me is this. With soaps, you know what's going to happen M, and Tuesday, and Wednesday, as well as next week. And, like Trendon's recruitment, there's very little that's changed over the last few weeks. I've no problems sitting and waiting it out (as if I had a choice...but you know what I'm driving at here.)

It's my opinion that a commitment from Trendon would do the program well...that kind of announcement during the signing period will put the Tide's basketball program in the news cycle and that's never going to hurt.

Top Bottom