| RECRUIT Trendon Watford commits to LSU

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Here's another nugget...

Oats on Suttles' radio show this morning, talking about Kira. I know, has mostly nothing to do with TW (till the end of the tweet), but check the replies to Suttles' tweet, and his responses to those replies

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Silent Watford commitment, or Kira deciding to stay? Somebody check the transfer portal... Lol.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
As of today 247 has him 80% to Memphis.

Trendon Watford's Crystal Ball Predictions
FWIW, that changed a lot over the last few days following his trip to Memphis for an AAU event. He didn't visit Memphis, just attended a game with a former AAU coach of his.

I didn't watch the site for how those CB's came in but a friend of mine kept up to date with their guesses. Two of the Memphis writers put in their guesses when he attended the event. Other have followed suit.

That said, there are rumors that he silently committed to Memphis. That rumor, along with another half of a dozen more, you can make of what you will. I see no reason for him to delay an announcement if the first rumor is true. After all, what's the point?

I do not see him, or his father, making an off the cuff choice. They are looking at which coach and program will help him elevate his game for the next level.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Does anyone know CNO's track record related to NBA contacts or putting people in the NBA. Hard to imagine it is a lot just based on his history and the places he has coached. Trying to figure out the strategy for how CNO can counter the Penny Hardaway sales pitch.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Hope it is enough...
Trying to figure out the strategy for how CNO can counter the Penny Hardaway sales pitch.
What do you think Penny's sales pitch is when Trendon? I played in the NBA so I know what they're looking for in players? That's about all I can see.
When it comes to developing players for the league Penny doesn't have a track record better than Oats. When it comes to coaching players I don't take a lot away from a second round exit in the NIT from an AAC team (even with it being Memphis.)

Memphis does have a tradition of strong basketball programs and that's something Trendon's dad would certainly understand.

On another note, I've seen some speculate the delayed announcement was due to Wade getting reinstated at LSU. But that circles us back to your earlier question--what's he done to prove he's developing talented guys ready for the league? All we know so far is he's good at "making strong ass offers" while recruiting.

As a side note here:

Dana Kirk at Memphis had a hell of a lot of success. The NCAA arrived. Cal had a hell of a lot of success at Mphs. The NCAA arrived.
Dale Brown had a lot of success at LSU. The NCAA was there. Wade has had...

If these things aren't lost on me, how can they be lost on parents and players?

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
@TerryP I ask myself the question you ask about parents every time someone chooses the Barn (or any school) over Bama. Never adds up to me.

As far as Memphis, there have been times in the past where their Basketball program was good. I suspect if you are interested in near term $$, Memphis or LSU would be a path.

Penny will indeed push his NBA background. As you pointed out he does not have a coaching record at the college level.

We will find out soon one way or the other.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Wonder if Penny brings Lil' Penny with him on recruiting trips?

Top Bottom