| RECRUIT Trendon Watford commits to LSU

17Champs

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Watford plans to announce his decision during the Jordan Brand Classic on April 20

Century Club
Reaction score
We get Watford, and damn. Top 10 class for sure.
Watford grew up in Indiana which could hurt. I'm hopeful CNO can work some magic but if he gets an offer from Duke I'm sure it will be hard to turn down. I hear he is also tight with Hardaway and Miller at Memphis.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I hear he is also tight with Hardaway and Miller at Memphis.
There are a handful who claim they're close to TW who also say Memphis isn't what it's been reported to be in terms of his interest. Duke? That's a game changer as it should be.

The chances of Bama landing TW are better now than they have been, no doubt. However, he's always wanted to stay as close to home (MB) as he could.

Century Club
Reaction score
There are a handful who claim they're close to TW who also say Memphis isn't what it's been reported to be in terms of his interest. Duke? That's a game changer as it should be.

The chances of Bama landing TW are better now than they have been, no doubt. However, he's always wanted to stay as close to home (MB) as he could.

Sounds good to me give the man a piece of paper and a pen.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Sounds good to me give the man a piece of paper and a pen.
His is another interesting story in recruiting, ya know? Let's set Bama fandom aside and consider ...

Duke: No Offer.
LSU: Based on what we're hearing, a good possibility they have no coach in place.
Memphis: See above.
Indiana: He hasn't had an official visit to Bloomington.
And Bama.

On a bit of a different note, it's my opinion that a lot of what we're hearing and seeing about Memphis basketball is media driven. A lot like Miami in football—there's nothing of substance there that points to a team breaking through.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Bigger question for me, will Coach Oats take a chance on Bucky?

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
Sign me up, I am good at shooting FTs.

BAMANEWSBOT

Ivory Club
Reaction score
New Alabama coach Nate Oats visits with 5-star recruit Trendon Watford | Zagsblog

After landing the Alabama job on Wednesday, Nate Oats wasted no time visiting with the state’s top uncommitted prospect.

Oats and his staff flew to visit with 6-foot-8 forward Trendon Watford while Watford was on spring break in Destin, Fla.

“The stressed the style and speed of play,” Ernest Watford, Trendon’s father, told ZAGSBLOG. “They can exploit matchups using Trendon’s versatility and impressive playmaking abilities.”

He added: “[Trendon] likes the idea that Oats is going to change the culture at ‘Bama…The guy is pretty damn ‘sharp.'”

Watford is down to a final five of Alabama, LSU, Indiana, Memphis and Duke and plans to announce April 20 at the Jordan Brand Classic in Las Vegas.

If Oats were able to land him next month it would be a major coup as he takes over the SEC program. Watford has won three straight state titles for Mountain Brook.

According to 247sports, Watford is ranked No. 27 nationally and is the No. 5 power forward.

“If they hire somebody in the next few weeks or next week and they start recruiting me,” Watford told ZAGSBLOG this week, “then we’ll just go from there.”

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
New Alabama coach Nate Oats visits with 5-star recruit Trendon Watford | Zagsblog

After landing the Alabama job on Wednesday, Nate Oats wasted no time visiting with the state’s top uncommitted prospect.

Oats and his staff flew to visit with 6-foot-8 forward Trendon Watford while Watford was on spring break in Destin, Fla.

“The stressed the style and speed of play,” Ernest Watford, Trendon’s father, told ZAGSBLOG. “They can exploit matchups using Trendon’s versatility and impressive playmaking abilities.”

He added: “[Trendon] likes the idea that Oats is going to change the culture at ‘Bama…The guy is pretty damn ‘sharp.'”

Watford is down to a final five of Alabama, LSU, Indiana, Memphis and Duke and plans to announce April 20 at the Jordan Brand Classic in Las Vegas.

If Oats were able to land him next month it would be a major coup as he takes over the SEC program. Watford has won three straight state titles for Mountain Brook.

According to 247sports, Watford is ranked No. 27 nationally and is the No. 5 power forward.

“If they hire somebody in the next few weeks or next week and they start recruiting me,” Watford told ZAGSBLOG this week, “then we’ll just go from there.”

Dammit, @TerryP. I was gonna post this... Lol.

Great news!

Dad is impressed.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Great news!
More to come. Word this morning is Kira is staying and Trendon is on his way as well.

🔺🔺🔺
(Just me playing to make sure that hides right...nothing to hide there so don't read more into it. Click to remove blurring effect.)

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
More to come. Word this morning is Kira is staying and Trendon is on his way as well.

🔺🔺🔺
(Just me playing to make sure that hides right...nothing to hide there so don't read more into it. Click to remove blurring effect.)
It hid right.

So the Watford family was super-impressed that CNO prioritized a visit like he did?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
So the Watford family was super-impressed that CNO prioritized a visit like he did?
Here's one for you.

That's my understanding but I say that with this caveat: It's second hand information. The noteworthy thing about it being second hand information is that's coming from Kira's camp.

Top Bottom