| OT Top it.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Speaking of ABB........there is a great book out there by Chuck Leavell titled, "Between a rock and a Homeplace". He speaks of growing up in Alabama (Tuscaloosa). Quitting high school and moving to Georgia to work at Capricorn Records. Working with ABB and eventually becoming the piano player for the Rolling Stones. He has played with all the greats. They recently had a 50 year anniversary for the ABB this past month before COVID hit. He was up there with all the guys that previously played with ABB. Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes......

Great read and behind the scenes stuff with a lot of artists. Eric Clapton, ABB, Rolling Stones, Dr. John, Allen Toussaint.

Chuck now owns a big farm (inherited from his wife side of the family) in Georgia. He is an avid forester and has received numerous awards for his conservation efforts and has also written a book about pine plantations. To top it all off........Chuck is, without a doubt, one of the greatest piano players to touch a set of keys.

Here is Clapton w/Chuck from a video in the early 90's. Video quality sucks, but the talent shines through.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
@Bamabww Great read. Thanks for linking it. Love me some Chuck Leavell. I remember during one of the pre-games during the Shula era, they had him out on the field with the MDB and recognized him as a local boy and honored him before kick-off. He had on a houndstooth hat. Pretty cool.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I did read it. He actually posted it on his Facebook page. He owned up to it and it takes a lot of damn guts to own it and take on his demons and not hide them. He comes from a really good family and they have given him all of the support he has needed to rebound.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Thanks for the topic her!

Top Bottom