TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Same genre.

BAMAneck

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
One of my favorite songs is on that album . Marooned...

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I'm not even sure where to start, so many songs have made such an impression on me over the years.

This album came out shortly after I learned how to drive. I remember driving around all over Birmingham listening to this album, with Apache Rose Peacock easily my favorite. Not to mention, New Orleans is one of my favorite cities to visit. I've been working through an idea for a tattoo about this as well, not the RHCP tattoo, but something along the lines of Apache Rose Peacock and New Orleans.

BAMAneck

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I have some good friends who met the 🌶 Peppers in a recording studio in Cali and partied with them for two days ...... They sent pics back home to rub it in . My friends never made it big but they cut two or three albums and played the Roxie a few times .

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Easy answer would be to just go to Stairway to Heaven but my favorite has always been this combo. Also the most fun to play live back when I was still doing that.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
You guys are freaking old man lol

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
This hit the local college station right as I hit the "local" college campus.

Then a year later, got to see Violent Femmes and Drivin' N; Cryin' together at Pete Mathews Coliseum.

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I only saw them that one time, back then. Seen them a couple more times since then. Once at Schaeffer's Crawfish Boil and again at a free concert with Collective Soul, in Centennial Olympic Park prior to one of the Bama neutral openers in the GADome. I did own and wear out the CDs for both Whisper Tames The Lion and Mystery Road.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Absolutely love me some funk. My favorite Cameo song, She's Strange. These guys made some great music.

Saw Cameo, The Gap Band, and Tenna Marie years ago in San Diego.

Top Bottom