| FTBL Time for Dabo to shut up and move on

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
me n you agree mostly. Not on this
I thought they played dang good with a freshman QB. First start. At ND. See on championship game.
And thats not a fluke at QB ( sunshine) Had another that was pretty awesome and beat bama in an unbelievable long drive vs a great D. Wouldnt u say?
And this freshman is pretty good. Many years to deal with him

Reaction score
Hell he has a money QB already ready to take the spot. If his OL could have blocked ND's DL then Clemson would be #1 today. Alabama would be damn lucky if Dabo would take the gig once Nick turns in his whistle. Maybe the BOT will sign us another general sales manager like Bill Curry instead. We can return to being the Harvard of the South.

BamaJay73

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Let’s see how good Dabo is when he has to replace his entire staff.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
It seems there's a bit of a "cookie cutter" approach to describing Dabo's coaching staff. You can't.

Dabo's group is a "good ol' boys" combination. It has been for years dating back to his time in Tuscaloosa. Lemanski Hall, Danny Pearman, Woody McCorvey, Todd Bates, Thad Turnipseed, Mickey Conn...the list goes on to include guys like Robbie Caldwell who has been in the SEC dating back to when Bobby Johnson (Clemson alum) was at Vanderbilt. They had some turnover on both sides of the ball but it's been plug and play (like Hall starting as an analyst.)

He's got his own little clique which is unique in and of itself. Good ol' boys...it's their shtick.

On another note, if anything, every given year he's proving why he won't be a good fit in Tuscaloosa. It's too big of a fishbowl. And on another note, there was a reason the staff he was a part of got in trouble with the NCAA. Can you, any of you, say you want that back in Tuscaloosa?

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I agree with the fishbowl analogy. One the NCAA front, however, it's been twenty years since he left Alabama's coaching staff. Do you think over the last twenty years he's had a reputation for illegal recruiting methods, or that he had a significant role in violations during his initial coaching years at Bama? I think there were folks up the line from him pulling the levers during his time at Bama. I'd hate to say that everyone there was dirty. Mal was Associate AD at the time...

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Nkemdeche if you want a player reference. I don't see a reason to consider McCorvey as anything other than the snake he's been since his days here. I don't put anything past Todd Bates; wouldn't use his shampoo's unless it was doctor recommended.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
To big? Might be @TerryP ......but few if any are able to fit.... NS and Stalling were able to handle....
I would hate to be the one behind NS....
it will take quite a person ... and i look around...i see Dabo ....in a class that could...
But ...no...i dont think it will happen.... i think Nick will go longer than most could handle...by that time...Dabo will be to engrained at Clemson or elsewhere...

Top Bottom