| FTBL Time for Dabo to shut up and move on

LeGarrette

Century Club
Reaction score
It's Pitt week, he needs to own the room and redirect the response. Instead, he's squabbling over FSU. FSU ain't paying rent.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I have always been a fan of Dabo. He is different but his on the field results speak for themselves. However in this case he is looking petty and Spurrier like and not in a good way.

We All Bleed Crimson

Football's GREATEST Tradition !
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
I think he's right though. He does, however, need to focus on Pitt for this week.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
So Dabo has a player exhibiting COVID symptoms early in the week. They let him practice and then put him on a plane with the rest of the team to fly to Tallahassee. On Friday he tests positive for COVID and then he blames FSU for not wanting to play?

You can't fix stupid.

bamafan4ever

Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with Dabo calling them out. They followed ACC guidelines and the player tested negative twice despite "symptoms". Hell, a sniffle is a symptom but they did their due diligence. The "medical professionals" have been just about as inept from an administrative standpoint as anybody else from what I have seen. If it were up to medical officials, we'd be shutting everything down again and that worked so well the first time around.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Over the last 24-48 hours I've seen a lot of CFB media up in arms over his (continued) comments. Imagine though how different the reaction to these comments would be if you replaced Dabo with media darling Steve Spurrier. Now, I totally understand how Dabo can rub folks raw with the stuff he says at times, it irritates me too (especially that awful "little ol Clemson" routine he likes to roll with). But Dabo has become a villain now, similar to what Saban became when he took the Bama job (but for different reasons). He's to the point where no matter what he says, folks (media) are going to take issue with it because they don't like him. Reminds me of politics. I'm really not sure why a lot of these media folks think they can ram their insufferable opinions and thoughts down our throats 24/7/365, but don't afford the very people they cover for a living the same courtesy.

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Dabo isn't liked because he's an insufferable prick. A direct contrast to Nick Saban, and why he's treated as such.

He's also off base here. This wasn't a decision Florida St football made. And he seems to be oblivious to the facts - a player who was symptomatic and practiced and traveled with the team, and tested positive. There are implications to that. To pretend otherwise is being intellectually dishonest.

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
Y’all sure as hell wouldn’t want to put up with me then. Dabo is making the big bucks, he is doing things his way and that is where the rub is with most folks. I don’t generally watch what other coaches have to say outside of the conference.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
@Brandon Van de Graaff

i thought the BEAR was the master of "poor little Alabama playing little skinny boys from Alabama ". Etc

we liked him? I did anyway!!!!

people. Bama fans... dont like Dabo cause he whopped bamas ass for a NC with a awesome receiver he out recruited Nick for

and some cause of his religious convictions and using them to persuade recruits to Clemson

if he was at bama. Same people would be ready to crown him the third or fourth
coming

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
You think Saban isn't viewed as a prick? By who, his mom? Also, not disputing whether or not Dabo's comments are factual, I have no idea and haven't followed the story (I just keep seeing the uproar by the Blue Checks every time Dabo doubles down). I'm just pointing out that he's being treated differently than some others would if they stated the same thing. Is Dabo overstepping? Probably. Is the media making too much of a big deal about it? Definitely.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
he just a little p off!

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Literally - The media's job is to make a big deal out of anything. That's what they are hired to do now a days.

The best way to not make the headlines, is to zip it. If Dabo, or any sane human being for that matter, doesn't understand that the media is more than willing to chase views and clicks at this point in 2020, they are seriously unrealistic. He's being treated how anyone in 2020 is treated when they say something marginal or "probably overstepping". It gets widely publicized, criticized, and pontificated upon - Then half the people love it and half the people hate it. But all those people view it. And the media cashes in.

So again - If Dabo doesn't want the attention, don't pop off. But something tells me he does want the attention, but only the "likes". 🤷‍♂️

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Dabo is just being a homeboy for Clemson. Do you think something else? If you do you are the one with unrealistic expectations.

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Tons of national media love Saban. He's not as rough around the edges as he was. The media, save some rival fanbases and rival team reporters, love Saban. His coaching breakdown of the Battle INT got universal appreciation this last week. Saban's response to COVID has been directly contrasted with how Dabo has handled it.

The two couldn't be any different. Dabo lacks the intelligence and introspection to be what Nick Saban is.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Some of thats true. Nick has mellowed into a much more intelligent and likable person.
And Dabo will as he gets older

personall. I think Dabo is dang awesome. Clemson isnt Bama and he has done great things. Don't sleep on Dabo. When the dust settles.... he may be #1 in many many areas
He 18 years younger than Nick And only 4 NCs behind Nick In those 18 years. He will win multiple NCs.
and. He may not stay at Clemson.

somebody may come with big bucks to lure him away. I would love to see him on bama sidelines one day

Top Bottom