| MBB/WBB Three years probation, no scholarship or postseason penalty, for Bama men's basketball

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score

A former University of Alabama associate athletics director violated NCAA ethical conduct rules when he received money in exchange for facilitating a meeting between the father of a student-athlete, a financial advisor and the financial advisor’s representative, according to a decision released by the Division I Committee on Infractions.
The committee classified the case as Level I-Mitigated for the school and Level I-Aggravated for the former associate athletics director. The committee used the Division I membership-approved infractions penalty guidelines to prescribe the following measures:

• Three years of probation.
  • A $5,000 fine plus 1% of the men’s basketball program budget.
  • A 10-year show-cause order for the former associate athletics director. During that period, any NCAA member school employing him must restrict him from any athletically related duties unless it shows cause why the restrictions should not apply.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
At least it is from a few years ago and now it is over. Unlike other schools that tried to hide shit, Bama cooperated and did things right.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Seems rather stiff considering how Bama handled things (and the fact that the old regime is gone), but I'll withhold final judgement until we see what happens to LSU and auburn.

Reaction score
JMO but I would avoid the potential one and done players at Bama. More risk than reward.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
1% of the basketball budget is the only thing I find kind of stiff. The probation itself or the amount of time doesn’t. I think this is just a fraction of what some of those more deeply involved(Arizona, Barn, LSwho and smartass Wade, etc) should expect. I agree with @Crtuneman that the guilty party, Kobie Baker, deserves the most severe punishment. 10 year show cause may likely discourage a lot of NCAA schools from ever hiring him.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
We get hit while the NCAA tells LSU and auburn "ehh.....fuhgeddaboudit"

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
He worked for the NCAA in enforcement prior to joining Alabama. Lot of good that did him.

Top Bottom