| FTBL (This Year Should Be) The Best Kicking Year in Alabama History

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
If there was ever a year that kicking was made easier, this is it. Aside from the C/QB communication, is there anything in football made less complicated without the crowds than the job of a kicker?!

If our boys can't make em' this year, it will never happen.

Side note - I really like Reichard and think the injury got screwed things up... Please, let this be the year! RTR

Last edited:

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
2019? 2018? Oh, wait, you weren’t asking what was our best PK year. Oops...

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I want to be biased and say Philip Doyle (we went to high school together, although he has no idea who I am). I'm going with 1A. Van Tiffin and 1B. Michael Proctor.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
How many times have we heard this? I hope it's true this year.

BAMAneck

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Did “ Jamie money Christensen “ come back ?

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I heard at the UAB-Miami game that the teams had to agree on how much crowd noise would be pumped in (they couldn't agree). Tonight watching the Clemson-Wake Forest game (no fans) they were pumping in crowd noise. I don't know what the policy is/will be for SEC games.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
They don't have crowds during practices. That's when these kickers are not practicing with the same long snapper or holder very often; only for a few minutes per week.

So yes, there is a job a lot more complicated than kicking when away crowd noise isn't as 'intimidating' as it could be.

On the other hand...

I am a huge fan of my Mizuno wedges and have gotten pretty good with them around the green. However, if someone were to give me a set of Wilson wedges (you know, the brand you used to find at K-Mart) I'd still do pretty well around the greens. I'm not trying to be egotistical here, but it's a "talent" thing developed from practicing the same thing over and over again.

The place kicker Bama has is a lot like my wedge game. He's good enough to be able to work with a 'handicap,' in this case inconsistency with practices vs game (much like the Wilson clubs offer little consistency when you hit them.)

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Just watch how they do in the spring game....
Very little noise....still the people watching and the pressure... like now...
But the bad thing is this...bama hasnt been average......
Bama hasnt been good even in the spring game....
Achilles heel....for nick

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Kicking practice. Secret picture
1600002300117.png
What too soon?

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
As an avid golfer and Mizuno iron guy myself.... Let me put it this way.

My job is going to be a lot easier hitting mizuno, wilson, or any freaking wedge around the green with 5 people watching as opposed to 500.

I understand your point of not practicing with the same dudes, but on game day that job and that pressure is significantly different with 10's of thousands of eyes and voices directed at your kick.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
MP 54's.

I badly wanted to make the jump to the MP4's or one of those prettier designs, but I need the forgiveness! I actually played an old set of T-Zoid Pro's up until 2 years ago.... Couldn't feel any better when you squared one up, but just no room for error. I'm in that 6-8 range handicap, if I can ever push down below a 5 I'll make the jump. Mizuno guy for life though, they make some fantastic irons! (Ping driver / Ping Putter). I may have to give the wedges a try... I've played Titleist and Clevelands over the year and that is by far the shittiest part of my game. I'm sure it's the clubs 😂

Top Bottom