| OT They cry when Saban hurts their feelings. The complain when they're grouped together with the MSM and the outrage readers feel, but they continue ...

12gage

Century Club
Reaction score
...to take things and put them completely out of context. Is it stupidity, or trying to manipulate readers? Or, is it a case of believing their readers are stupid?

One statement, at the conclusion of a season when talking about his team.
The other, after a practice when discussing a true freshman.

A clear case of bad reporting (or AL.com following their modus operandi.)

Reaction score
Coach Bryant …."here's is a twenty, bury two" .. after being asked to chip in 10 dollars to pay for funeral expenses for a sportswriter

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
@12gage .... its just the press....
watch...make up your own-mine.....
But regardless..we still read and cling to every word....

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Was Sabin the guy that asked Saban what Sark's game plan was for A-day? If so, I can see his feelings being hurt a bit.

As to that tweet...no telling what he was thinking. It reminds me a lot of a former T-town news guy who had his feelings hurt on several occasions and took to twitter to voice them.

Here, there's no doubt, Sabin is trying to create controversy tying to imply he's caught Saban in double speak.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Was Sabin the guy that asked Saban what Sark's game plan was for A-day? If so, I can see his feelings being hurt a bit.

As to that tweet...no telling what he was thinking. It reminds me a lot of a former T-town news guy who had his feelings hurt on several occasions and took to twitter to voice them.

Here, there's no doubt, Sabin is trying to create controversy tying to imply he's caught Saban in double speak.
With nick ...anything and everything he says is....ONE speak....to us Bama fans...
If he ants to create a controversy...go to Plains...there is plenty to spark down there...lol

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
What is the context of both comments? The press acknowledging a player's accomplishments is a positive thing. Hearing things like what emanated from Trent Dilfer's mouth this week about our QB, that he's crack on top of ice cream" is cringeworthy. I'm sure coach Saban has to fight to keep his guys hungry enough to improve and grounded enough to keep listening to only his voice.

Personally, I could do without the constant usage of the expression "self-gratification" but I fear that is a strongly entrenched Sabanism by now.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
What is the context of both comments?
Look at the dates in the original tweet.

1/7: presser following last season while discussing last years team.
4/13: presser immediately following a question about John Metchie and how he'll fit into the rotation based on his performance Saturday.

In simpler terms:

Saban discussing a season and the teams accomplishments.
Saban discussing the first scrimmage (public) and a true freshman.

Top Bottom