| MBB/WBB The state of the Alabama basketball program

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Just for curiosity's sake...and without looking it up.

Can anyone tell me what Bama's record was the year they made their run to the Elite 8?

Century Club
Reaction score
Just for curiosity's sake...and without looking it up.

Can anyone tell me what Bama's record was the year they made their run to the Elite 8?
20-13 ......... as I remember it Ernest Shelton and Kennedy Winston back hot from the 3 pt line to help carry us.

Last edited:

Century Club
Reaction score
Looking forward I don't see any reason to expect more next year. We lose Hall and Norris so we have no rim protector unless CAJ can find a JUCO player to fill that position. Oh the frustrations of a Bama BB fan.

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
The state of the program now?

Attendance is down nearly 3k this year. Sure, student attendance was more lively. But the BOT seeing the actual MONEY seats being ~3k less may sway them in a different direction. I'd say we'll know for sure in about a month when his buyout drops by 2-3 mill.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
It's funny thinking back to when this conversation started and seeing three programs compared to Bama with all three being lauded as "in better shape as a program" and we're sitting here today talking about Wade being suspended by LSU (yep, that's a better program state) or Auburn having it's second assistant suspended due to the FBI investigation (yep, that DEFINITELY a better program state.)

Century Club
Reaction score
I watched CAJ's interview on the F'baum show yesterday and I was not impressed. He made a comment on hitting the reset button in my mind you should not need to do this going into your conference tournament. The quality of coaching in the SEC is going up and it sounds like TAM will be hiring Buzz Williams. Finishing 10th in the conference in my mind is not acceptable.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score

Attendance is down nearly 3k this year. Sure, student attendance was more lively. But the BOT seeing the actual MONEY seats being ~3k less may sway them in a different direction. I'd say we'll know for sure in about a month when his buyout drops by 2-3 mill.

It wouldn't shock me that Sexton brought out a good number of people himself, kind of like LeBron selling out arenas when he comes to town, but those teams have 10,000 less normal nights. We didn't have a superstar this year compared to last year, and I'm sure last season we averaged more than we did years before then.

Looking at the numbers we have averaged more in Avery's tenure than in years past, but last year was the most I saw in a quick six year period check.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I watched CAJ's interview on the F'baum show yesterday and I was not impressed. He made a comment on hitting the reset button in my mind you should not need to do this going into your conference tournament. The quality of coaching in the SEC is going up and it sounds like TAM will be hiring Buzz Williams. Finishing 10th in the conference in my mind is not acceptable.
Well if you played like we did in the second halves down the stretch you gotta do something, so a reset sounds better than thinking you can do the same thing with a small tweak and churn out wins.

Top Bottom