• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| MBB/WBB The state of the Alabama basketball program

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
To answer your question I believe there is no question we are light on talent compared to several teams in the conference. Mack can light it up then disappear. Reece can knock down some 3's but really has no post up game and he is a turnover machine. I have reservations that G. Smith is the answer inside he has slow feet and turns it over half of the time he touches the ball. H. Jones was much better as a freshman this year he has zero confidence. When recruiting you need to select talent and intelligence and we have several players that make poor decisions low BB IQ. With Hall graduating I have no idea where we turn to at the center position next year. It's beginning to look like the media picked us correctly preseason at 7th.

Reaction score
Better buckle up tight because it is going to be a turbulent ride the rest of the way for Bama BB. Expect the unexpected.

Reaction score
Beating bad A&M and Vandy teams might be all we get going forward. Lets hope we can take those and a couple more.

Reaction score
A case could be made that the Tide hasn't played well since defeating Ole Miss on January 22. Losses up to that point had been close, flukes even, and the Georgia State game could be rationalized away. I still felt like Alabama was a tourney lock, deservedly so, and maybe a dangerous team.

These last few games are something altogether different.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I'm an ardent, a die-hard Chelsea fan. Chelsea's new manager had the Blues near the top of the Premiere League for the first part of the season. Then the team's weaknesses started to show. What's worse is that Sarri wouldn't...and still won't adjust his roster or his tactics. Like Bama basketball, my Blues are getting their asses handed to them...And they look lost, terrible. Sarriball is just that...SORRYball. Fans worldwide are screaming for Sarri's head on a platter. Sound familiar?

If Bama was a national basketball product like Duke or UNC, these anger-filled CAJ threads would quadruple (at a minimum). The end is coming quickly for Sarri. The only difference between the two is that CAJ is publicly taking responsibility for not having his players ready. But then again, @#80 nailed it regarding individual performances. And then the FT woes...

I've lost faith in Sarri; his stubbornness is his downfall. I still want to believe in CAJ. I want to...

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Very poor.....the end of first half was the "tell-tell " card....
40 seconds on the clock....Bama inbounds....9 point leead...
can do 2 for 1 if go quickly....decided to go for one shot ( ok....thats ok...one good shot give AnM the ball back with 10+- seconds)...ungarded man with ball...below top of key...walks with ball...AnM...has 25 seconds..comes down..hits a 3 off good shot.. lead cut to 6... poor ball handling...poor decisions...no TO to set up shot...
Poor poor poor

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

ElephantStomp

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
It’ll get better for your London team, I really hope it doesn’t, but it will eventually. Just have to find the right fit as a manager. Good to see another die-hard English football fan on here. Although as a die hard Liverpool fan i can’t say it doesn’t bring me satisfaction that Chelsea is where they are, but wasn’t too long ago when we were there.

As for CAJ I, too want believe in him.....

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@TUSKtimes

All of these are true. Right? But, and this has to be considered: they all fall don't all apart on the same night. Rather. They shouldn't.

The biggest issue I believe everyone, is missing is defense efficiency.

That translates to intensity.

I could easily give you a tl:dr here but I don't think there's a need. Consider what I'm saying.

The intensity on defensive is gone. It results, on those nights, in piss poor performances.

That defines a state of the season. Not the program.

I think he's lost the team. Salvagable with leadership. Hall?. Norris?

Reaction score
For whatever reason I agree with you that this team is done. If in fact they fire Avery then next guy up is taking on a major rebuild at the U of A. Other than Kira the rest are average at best. I would say Tom Crean would really lower the boom on this roster if he were the HC even more than he did with his own.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
This right here!!! This is what pisses me off most about this team is their defense or lack thereof!! You can have off nights shooting the ball but defense and rebounding can win you some of those tight games. There is no damn excuse for not playing hard on defense!! Simple things such as stopping the ball, making the guy pick up his dribble and making an unwanted pass, rebounding position, boxing out, etc. these are freaking basic elementary basketball principles.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Let me be clear about something, I know I ruffle some feathers with my displeasure of Johnson and the basketball program, but I wont say that I only shit on them here or to close friends/family. I wont openly crap on them publicly or to Auburn fans. Just wanted to say that. The team sucks, though.

Top Bottom