| OT The rising cost of concession stand food at ball games.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
My wife found out very quickly about me and Bama. She will leave me alone to watch the Bama games. Daughter and her three kids are the same way. I have try watching Bama with others, it just doing work out with me.

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
if i get to go to as BAMA game, the only thing i'll buy from the concession stand is a drink in a souvenir cup. that's my 1 memento from a game (other than the experience, of course).

but holy hell at those prices in the op. i've paid less for meals at a ruby tuesday or logan's steakhouse.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
On Netflix, check out Rotten - Season 2 Episode 3. It's a story on bottled water.

On average Americans drink 42 gallons of bottled water every year each, it's a $35 Billion business per year. Americans account for 1/8th of the bottled water consumption in the world.

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
which is why i drink water from the tap. i fill up my water bottle several times a day; and several people have told me i need to use bottled water. why do that and add to the plastic bottle problem when i can get the same water from a tap and keep using the same metal, insulated bottle every day?

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
The extremely rural area where I lived for the last 25 years is on a county water co-op. Worst water I've ever seen. We washed and cleaned with it but it was shit to drink. We either used bottled water or used our filter pitchers fro years. Now I am in the city. Water is better but I still only drink it from the refrigerator filter system

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
$250.00 or so: reverse osmosis system.

The biggest issue with it (aside from changing your filters which isn't hard, just a little more cash) is cutting a hole for the spicket in a stainless steel sink.

No more tap water here and there's a definite taste difference not only in drinking water but cooking as well.

I still buy bottled water...easier to grab one when you're about to head out in the car.

**There is a distinct difference in bottled waters in my view. Some of them come in the cheapest containers they can use...crinkly, loud bottles I can't stand.

Top Bottom