| RECRUIT The Portal Watch 2020-2021: .

BamaMD

Sideline Club
Would love us to get Ricks. He'd be going to a dumpster fire if he hoes back West to USC. He's 6'2-6'3 and long like Surtain. Would be killer to have him.
JMO, but if BAMA doesn't fix its defensive play on the field it will have a detrimental effect on recruiting. Jawja is putting a vastly better product on the field and kids are gravitating towards them. If we lose to jawja in the SECCG I believe Saban makes several coaching changes.

mando

Sideline Club
JMO, but if BAMA doesn't fix its defensive play on the field it will have a detrimental effect on recruiting. Jawja is putting a vastly better product on the field and kids are gravitating towards them. If we lose to jawja in the SECCG I believe Saban makes several coaching changes.
Vastly better on D maybe but not even close on offense. So D players may do that but hard to see the offensive players doing it. With that said, CNS will not allow recruiting to slip. He will fix issues there in a heart beat. He is the GOAT for a reason and no way KS takes him down consistently. Maybe one here and there but I do not see anyones sustaining the upper hand on him.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Vastly better on D maybe but not even close on offense. So D players may do that but hard to see the offensive players doing it. With that said, CNS will not allow recruiting to slip. He will fix issues there in a heart beat. He is the GOAT for a reason and no way KS takes him down consistently. Maybe one here and there but I do not see anyones sustaining the upper hand on him.

If Pickens hadn't tore his ACL they'd have a 1000 yard receiver and a stud tight end in Bowers.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Do you know if Pickens is expected to return by the SECCG? Possible curveball from Kirby?

I personally don't think so. A lot of Georgia reporters and fans said he'd be back by Florida as their early season response to the potential roadblock on their schedule, but it never happened. Heard he was taking reps with the 3rd team or so recently, but not yet taking hits. It'll be a storyline, but I'd be surprised if he played in the SEC Championship.

Davestwin

Sideline Club
If Pickens hadn't tore his ACL they'd have a 1000 yard receiver and a stud tight end in Bowers.
Bowers is amazing. Smart ends up getting the two giant all world TE’s from the 2020 class (Washington and Gilbert) … but Gilbert is MIA and Washington is 3rd string. The true freshman Bowers knew who UGA had and still signed. Then he beats everyone out to become the starter … and he’s absolutely a difference maker. I sure hope PG/CS have a better game plan to cover him than they did last year with Pitts!

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Bowers is amazing. Smart ends up getting the two giant all world TE’s from the 2020 class (Washington and Gilbert) … but Gilbert is MIA and Washington is 3rd string. The true freshman Bowers knew who UGA had and still signed. Then he beats everyone out to become the starter … and he’s absolutely a difference maker. I sure hope PG/CS have a better game plan to cover him than they did last year with Pitts!

I agree. Of course they could hut Washington all game long over the middle and march down field on us. He's a big ole boy. More worried about Bowers ability to take it the distance, but anything over the middle gets first downs and will open up the run game for them. We'll see though! Hopefully we just blitz the heck out of Stetson and make him uncomfortable to throw leading to a turnover or two.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Kirby needs some attrition if he hopes to keep the promises he's made to everyone. He's basically running a football Ponzi scheme, which thus far has worked out pretty well. I told the story last year about Kirby trying to trick Azeez Ojulari into staying and not going into the Draft. He showed him outdated paperwork that listed Ojulari with a late round grade. Ojulari eventually found out about it and got the updated evaluations (thanks to his agent) that showed he had 1st round grades. That's the kind of shit Kirby pulls. Remember, same guy that left the Mal Moore complex with recruiting board photos on his phone...

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Kirby needs some attrition if he hopes to keep the promises he's made to everyone. He's basically running a football Ponzi scheme, which thus far has worked out pretty well. I told the story last year about Kirby trying to trick Azeez Ojulari into staying and not going into the Draft. He showed him outdated paperwork that listed Ojulari with a late round grade. Ojulari eventually found out about it and got the updated evaluations (thanks to his agent) that showed he had 1st round grades. That's the kind of shit Kirby pulls. Remember, same guy that left the Mal Moore complex with recruiting board photos on his phone...
win 1 championship and he will be another coach who can't sustain.

Davestwin

Sideline Club
I didn’t know about that story but I know he poached Saban’s coaches, at least one player and a number of his recruits. Because of that, I truly hope he becomes another Richt … a great recruiter, double digit wins each year, lots of players drafted but no NC’s. The truth is Smart and his puppies might not have a better opportunity to win it all than they do this season. Miss out on that opportunity and the puppy fans will howl tigger like all off-season.

Top Bottom