| RECRUIT The Portal Watch 2020-2021: WR Jermaine Burton transferring to Alabama

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
On Christian Harris… I haven’t heard a decision has been made one way or the other, but as of yesterday, it sounded like he was possibly trending to return for another year. Either he hadn’t made a final decision yet (at least in terms of leaving), or if so, he was doing some stealth agent shopping (which is really hard to accomplish). IMO, based on that and the Moody news, I think he’s maybe indicated to some that he’s staying. But again, I haven’t heard that yet… he could still have a “goodbye Alabama” Instagram post up within 5 minutes and I wouldn’t be a bit stunned.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Part of me wonders if coaches and schools will pay players to leave Alabama once they already have that winning mindset from Saban within them in hopes of enriching their program? Then I also wonder if this basically paves the way for more three and four year starters due to the movement and guys coming in and having to play early due to portal losses?

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Part of me wonders if coaches and schools will pay players to leave Alabama once they already have that winning mindset from Saban within them in hopes of enriching their program? Then I also wonder if this basically paves the way for more three and four year starters due to the movement and guys coming in and having to play early due to portal losses?
That's quite far reaching...

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
Well one thing for sure that you're seeing in all this is just how little The U of A actually means to these players. They came hoping Nick could get them to the NFL and for that reason pretty much alone. You will not have much of a senior class going forward and the freshmen and sophomore classes are going to have to carry a heavy load.

You're going to see some roller coaster years even at the best programs if the staffs can't fill the voids due to all your backups leaving for greener pastures.

I would love to hear what Nick is thinking about all this.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Eastern Michigan is offering Caleb Williams $1M out in the open, so why would it be far fetched to go one step further and offer while they're at another school to get them to leave?
But why would he go there? not even for 1 million dollar? That's quite reaching in many way. He entered transfer portal because a coach left. so he's shopping around... so ............

Secondand26

Sideline Club
On Christian Harris… I haven’t heard a decision has been made one way or the other, but as of yesterday, it sounded like he was possibly trending to return for another year. Either he hadn’t made a final decision yet (at least in terms of leaving), or if so, he was doing some stealth agent shopping (which is really hard to accomplish). IMO, based on that and the Moody news, I think he’s maybe indicated to some that he’s staying. But again, I haven’t heard that yet… he could still have a “goodbye Alabama” Instagram post up within 5 minutes and I wouldn’t be a bit stunned.
With the news of Moody and Shane Lee, does that make you think both Harris & To'oto'o are coming back?

Top Bottom